New CN Detector Broadcast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbwrobel

I was riding the GO Train yesterday and heard a detector go off broadcasting "Three Zero One - No Alarm"...don't think i've ever heard this one on the Oakville sub (and I don't think there is at one at this mile on the halton or grimsby)....has anyone else ever heard it?

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
There's a few that are installed in busy areas that are very to the point like that. I believe there's one on the Halton Subdivision that's very quick...something like "Halton 330 no alarms"

Heterodyne

Premium Subscriber
CN seems to indeed shortening up their detector broadcasts in high traffic areas where radio traffic might walk on the detector broadcast.

CP, conversely, still has their super long, repeated broadcast. When I worked as an RTC is was a pain in the ass when you wanted to talk to a train to give a clearance or ask for a track release but couldn't because the crew was 'waiting for the detector'

Most crews just need to know their axel count and that they aren't needing to walk halfway back their train with some temple sticks, a sensitive nose and a bad attitude.

dbwrobel

yea, CN ones are definitely to the point...usually like the one i heard (ex. 14 no alarm, etc)...

with the one I listed above I thought maybe it could be the new one being installed at 14 that they are setting up due to the new track being put in....

also have to agree with the CP one, CCPP DE-TEC-TOR soooo sloooww lol

Heterodyne

Premium Subscriber
yea, CN ones are definitely to the point...usually like the one i heard (ex. 14 no alarm, etc)...

with the one I listed above I thought maybe it could be the new one being installed at 14 that they are setting up due to the new track being put in....

also have to agree with the CP one, CCPP DE-TEC-TOR soooo sloooww lol

I haven't lived full time in Ontario for so long, I'm so out of touch.... I was shocked when I came home and found they triple-tracked the Halton sub west of Brampton.

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
i was on the trian yesterday and heard

CN Detector Oakville 331 Hat Wheel Axle Repeat Hot Wheel Axle Thankfully it was not my train "GO 917"

Heterodyne

Premium Subscriber
i was on the trian yesterday and heard

CN Detector Oakville 331 Hat Wheel Axle Repeat Hot Wheel Axle Thankfully it was not my train "GO 917"

Sounds like someone was having a bad day..... All you can hope for is that the detector gives you an axel close to the front of the train, and you're close to the detector's HBD setoff track.

Status
Not open for further replies.