New Communication System, Canceled Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

RomeRon

Posted in the Georgia forum, no replies. Why would Rome/Floyd cancel the frequencies that was approved by the FCC for the new communication system?
WQLD890 (FLOYD, COUNTY OF) FCC Callsign Details

If and when the towers are installed and the tech's start talking on them how would I go about finding them, I guess just keep doing the funtion serach buttons and looking for a strong signal that is if they don't use low power.
Thanks
RomeRon

fineshot1

Posted in the Georgia forum, no replies. Why would Rome/Floyd cancel the frequencies that was approved by the FCC for the new communication system?
WQLD890 (FLOYD, COUNTY OF) FCC Callsign Details

If and when the towers are installed and the tech's start talking on them how would I go about finding them, I guess just keep doing the funtion serach buttons and looking for a strong signal that is if they don't use low power.
Thanks
RomeRon

If you do an fcc db search on the license call sign you would see that they applied in the past
for an extension to the construction completion deadline and for one reason or another could
not meet the deadline date of the extension. Sometimes after an agency applies for a license
their priorities change or perhaps they could not raise the proper amount of funds to even get
the project started.

ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked License - WQLD890 - FLOYD, COUNTY OF - Administration

RomeRon

If you do an fcc db search on the license call sign you would see that they applied in the past
for an extension to the construction completion deadline and for one reason or another could
not meet the deadline date of the extension. Sometimes after an agency applies for a license
their priorities change or perhaps they could not raise the proper amount of funds to even get
the project started.

ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked License - WQLD890 - FLOYD, COUNTY OF - Administration

Thanks Fineshot1 for the info, from the beginning they said the system would be ready by Jan 2013, then they said it might be ready by the summer of this year. I know they said that there was a couple of the frequncies listed that might interfere with other counties, At 27 million it looks like there would be some change left over, LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.