New CSERN Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOTORHEAD27

Premium Subscriber
I think as a tax payer I have a right to know what government is doing in real time.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
If setting online streams to a 15 minute delay is what will mitigate this whole discussion of encryption then I find it incredibly comical that such a simple step has not been taken.

Regarding CSERN, I have heard a couple repurposed frequencies on my BCD325P2 but I suspect an update is imminent to get them right.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Since 700/800 MHz is considered the same band, the system could share 700/800 frequencies in a single cell. I think the majority will be one or the other. I would suspect that B, D, L, & K cells will use 800 as they have not had new 700 activity so far (the older 700 in Troop K will be a standalone site). Last summer, those cells showed up as Neighbors to the P25 sites and then went inactive. I wouldn't be surprised if E had a mix as they were broadcasting the current CC as an alternate for the 700 for a bit. Once the Phase 2 is active, there will not be an immediate need for additional frequencies as they use the existing channels more efficiently.

chris

mkt853

At some point, all of the 800 frequencies will be folded into the 700 pool, I believe. So the sites that are using 800 will be part of the new system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was under the impression the old system would stay up and get repurposed for DOT or some other large statewide agency that could use CSP's hand-me-downs.

SVFC462

Feed Provider
DOT District 1 has a talk group on the CSERN as of the last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mkt853

If setting online streams to a 15 minute delay is what will mitigate this whole discussion of encryption then I find it incredibly comical that such a simple step has not been taken.

Regarding CSERN, I have heard a couple repurposed frequencies on my BCD325P2 but I suspect an update is imminent to get them right.
I'm fine with encryption, but said agency should be forced to provide the online stream. Or they can just stay in the clear. Right now one side gets to have its cake and eat the whole thing, while those of us who buy the cake can't even get a piece.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Nope, only one system. Because it will be P25 Phase 2, there will be capacity for all these users. I don't know if DOT will be on it right away but they only have that 1 talkgroup now (1701). I would expect quite a few more.

chris

oldtimeradio

My capture of signal strength on 800MHz and 700MHz on my SDS200 using ProScan from Tolland Site.
I'm in the middle of the forest with allot of tall trees.
Outside antenna at 30 ft on 60 ft tower with 130 ft trees. Always breezy and trees moving around cause signal variation most of the time.

Mike

Attachments

• TOLLAND.PNG
    TOLLAND.PNG
    4.1 KB · Views: 17

Harryjr

Premium Subscriber
I using a BCD396T and picking up next to nothing in SE CT. Should the system be set as a Motorola APCO25, or Motorola Type 2 800 MHz Custom, or something else? Thanks for any help.

scanner1

I have the same scanner. I believe there is a p25 system option, or something similar. I'm picking up the 700 system with no issues along the shoreline. I don't know if this scanner will receive the P2 tdma though.

brian943

Could you elaborate on P25 type, list site frequencies or perhaps zip and share your config file so we could compare with ours? At Salem 4 and cannot receive any of the CC's I have programmed. Thanx

brian943

I have the same scanner. I believe there is a p25 system option, or something similar. I'm picking up the 700 system with no issues along the shoreline. I don't know if this scanner will receive the P2 tdma though.
Could you elaborate on P25 type, list site frequencies or perhaps zip and share your config file so we could compare with ours? At Salem 4 and cannot receive any of the CC's I have programmed. Thanx

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
You'll need a P2 scanner. 325P2 or 996P2 or SDS models.

Brian, as the above member said, you will need a newer scanner. Add the Whistler TRX-1 or TRX-2 which will also do Phase 2, although not great. What scanner are you using and is it Phase II capable?

Status
Not open for further replies.