New CSP Aircraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed Cessna 182 (N9118M) flying in the Grand Junction area recently. It is registered to the CSP. Im guessing this is a new aircraft for their fleet, but my question is whether it is replacing an older one, or adding to the fleet. Also, any idea what its "Airborne" number is?

Last edited:

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed Cessna 182 (N9118M) flying in the Grand Junction area recently. It is registered to the CSP. Im guessing this is a new aircraft for their fleet, but my question is whether it is replacing an older one, or adding to the fleet. Also, any idea what its "Airborne" number is?

I was under the impression that the "Airborne" number identifies the trooper and not the airplane since I've heard the trooper use that ident when in a ground unit.

Troop

The Airborne number is assigned by Trooper. There has been a plane assigned to the west slope for quite awhile

The Airborne number is assigned by Trooper. There has been a plane assigned to the west slope for quite awhile

Yes, but that aircrafft was N202SP, flown by AIRBORNE-2. My question is whether or not this new one (N9118M) is a replacement aircraft or a new aircraft to the fleet that isnt replacing another one.

On the same topic, what ever happened to the 8A call signs? At one time that was the trooper-pilot's personal call.

Troop

It must be a replacement for one of the aging planes. I think for CAD purposes they gave them one call sign to simplify things

kadras

This doesn't positively answer the question, but per the FAA database:

N202SP shows a pending registration change to N202EP. 202EP was reserved by the CSP on 9/30/11.

The certification date on 9118M is 12/5/11.

On 12/8/11 CSP reserved N203SP.

9118M is a brand new Cessna Turbo 182 with "glass" cockpit (multifunction computer displays instead of gauges) base price $443,000. 202SP/EP is a 1980 non-turbo, regular gauge 182.

And just for interest, on 10/19/11 CSP reserved N651JS.

Mike

Last edited:

kadras

More related to my previous post.

Colorado's Transparency Online Project (TOP, Top Home) shows that in the current state fiscal year (FY12, started 1 July 2011) CSP spent $1.07 million for two turbo 182s, bought through Propel Aircraft at Rocky Mountain Metro Airport.

The FAA database shows N203EP, a 1980 182Q, just like N202SP/EP, registered to Propel.

Mike

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
This says they are buying 3 new 182's

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellit...goBlobs&blobwhere=1251653575863&ssbinary=true

"The purchase of three new Cessna Turbo 182 airplanes. These aircraft will
replace the current single-engine fleet which is thirty years old with high
flight time on the airframes. The total cost equals $1,724,751 for 3 aircraft.
This cost includes maintenance re-tooling costs, required radios and training.
This also includes $50,000 trade in value of the 3 current Cessna 182 aircraft."

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Yikes!
I was hoping they'd consider using LSA type aircraft - kind of like airborne motorcycles.

rfburns

Yes, but that aircraft was N202SP, flown by AIRBORNE-2.
Is Airborne-2 flying the new aircraft. Matt was flying 2 Sierra Papa most of the time after he left Troop 4B. Since I've been spending most of my time on the Front Range lately I haven't heard Airborne 2 in a long time to hear if that is Matt, but as long as he has been flying for CSP he should be up to A-2 now if he is still flying.

Troop

Is Airborne-2 flying the new aircraft. Matt was flying 2 Sierra Papa most of the time after he left Troop 4B. Since I've been spending most of my time on the Front Range lately I haven't heard Airborne 2 in a long time to hear if that is Matt, but as long as he has been flying for CSP he should be up to A-2 now if he is still flying.

He is the section commander for aircraft (captain), formerly the "special enforcement section" planes and motors

I have heard them refer to AIRBORNE-2 as "Takahashi".

I have only heard the new aircraft on ATC. I havent matched it up yet with the CSP radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.