New CSP Dispatch Console Radio ID's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamfancher

OK Thanks, I was on the right track...Glad the formula is still current, list of municipalities bookmarked :)

I figured out Salisbury all by myself ;)

As it turns out I absolutely love the interface on the Radio ID's wiki table so I'm giving it my all....

adamfancher

So I've officially decided out of my love for the interface for the Wiki Radio ID table, I will be unofficially maintaining it, at least for Troops A, B, C, F, I, L, and W (I do not receive D, E, or K at either of my scanning locations).

The last major update seems to have taken place about 2 years ago, so I am finding the inevitable moving target of a constantly developing radio system has led to some Radio ID's being decommissioned, others transferred to other Troops' talk groups. I'll be updating accordingly.

Currently I have had my SDR monitoring and logging almost non stop for the better part of a month, catching a few weekends and a holiday. Fortunately the software I have allows me to neatly log all radio ID's ever detected, sorted into talkgroups. Each radio ID has a hit counter, so after logging for quite some time I was able to determine that some ID's have hundreds of hits....and others have zero.

So the notes will now contain, based on this data, an activity level that can be sorted by from heavy to moderate to light, to registered with no radio traffic. For now I'm just tagging the radio IDs that no longer show up in the system, and will probably eventually remove them.

I've just about finished with Troop A, so that should give a decent idea of how the rest of the overhaul will look, I plan to add some municipalities as well, but my first order of business is to get all of the current trooper ID's listed.

I'll post here from time to time when a major update takes place, right now it's a constant work in progress until I at least get caught up on this log.

it's a constant work in progress
Sure is.

I'd say there are 6 to 8 changes per day. (Which makes the Wiki listing unreliable)

New cars - troopers changing cars - new troopers, etc.

The only IDs that stay largely constant are the portables.

You'll see that you've undertaken a monumental task.

Good luck!

(y)

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
So I've officially decided out of my love for the interface for the Wiki Radio ID table, I will be unofficially maintaining it, at least for Troops A, B, C, F, I, L, and W (I do not receive D, E, or K at either of my scanning locations).

The last major update seems to have taken place about 2 years ago, so I am finding the inevitable moving target of a constantly developing radio system has led to some Radio ID's being decommissioned, others transferred to other Troops' talk groups. I'll be updating accordingly.

Currently I have had my SDR monitoring and logging almost non stop for the better part of a month, catching a few weekends and a holiday. Fortunately the software I have allows me to neatly log all radio ID's ever detected, sorted into talkgroups. Each radio ID has a hit counter, so after logging for quite some time I was able to determine that some ID's have hundreds of hits....and others have zero.

So the notes will now contain, based on this data, an activity level that can be sorted by from heavy to moderate to light, to registered with no radio traffic. For now I'm just tagging the radio IDs that no longer show up in the system, and will probably eventually remove them.

I've just about finished with Troop A, so that should give a decent idea of how the rest of the overhaul will look, I plan to add some municipalities as well, but my first order of business is to get all of the current trooper ID's listed.

I'll post here from time to time when a major update takes place, right now it's a constant work in progress until I at least get caught up on this log.

Have you checked out the CALLS platform?

Connecticut Land Mobile Radio Network (CLMRN)

All Talkgroups Seen

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
Sure is.

I'd say there are 6 to 8 changes per day. (Which makes the Wiki listing unreliable)

Good luck!

(y)

Looks like the new Norwich tower with Troop E 773.93125 freq stopped broadcasting today.

Not sure what's up with that, maybe they just working on it. I even tried all it's alt freqs with no luck. It's so close to me I don't even need an antenna but for whatever reason it went down today. I can still get Norwich PD on 853.9125 but that's from the Troop K tower in Franklin.

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
Looks like the new Norwich tower with Troop E 773.93125 freq stopped broadcasting today.

Not sure what's up with that, maybe they just working on it. I even tried all it's alt freqs with no luck. It's so close to me I don't even need an antenna but for whatever reason it went down today. I can still get Norwich PD on 853.9125 but that's from the Troop K tower in Franklin.

Hmm looks like they just switched the Troop E control freq from 773.93125 to an alt freq 853.33570 , I just found it on my spectrum analyzer and now I'm reconnected to the tower. 773.93125 is still dead though. Odd.

cg

Premium Subscriber
It is one of the 3 Secondary Control channels. Should have been fairly invisible as a scanner or radio would have changed to them (unless they weren't programmed in)

chris

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
It is one of the 3 Secondary Control channels. Should have been fairly invisible as a scanner or radio would have changed to them (unless they weren't programmed in)

chris

Yes thank you, I seen that it matches after finding the new control myself.

It wasn't programmed in my sdrtrunk. I've been using the 773.93125 for years.

Never had to use an alt control channel before. So I guess they making some changes.

Maybe 853.3357 will be the new Troop E control channel. I'll submit it to the database admin if so.

Thanks

adamfancher

Sure is.

Good luck!

(y)

That's some good information! Thanks. I will probably eventually limit the CSP mobile radios to a range (1801xxx-1803xxx), similar to 1677xxxx used for patches if the target moves too quickly on those.

Definitely a ton of work, but I'm armed with some pretty good software that tracks activity including registration/deregistration and time/date stamps, and feel up to the challenge :)

More updates soon!

Reconrider

That's some good information! Thanks. I will probably eventually limit the CSP mobile radios to a range (1801xxx-1803xxx), similar to 1677xxxx used for patches if the target moves too quickly on those.

Definitely a ton of work, but I'm armed with some pretty good software that tracks activity including registration/deregistration and time/date stamps, and feel up to the challenge :)

More updates soon!
Care to share the software? I like having a few different softwares to log things. I have a computer setup at another trunk system to log but it's not giving me the details I want.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Sure is.

Good luck!

(y)

Troopers changing cars is mostly done because they are utilizing a spare when their assigned one goes in for repairs (oil changes, body repairs, maintenance, ect.). And then again when the trooper get his / her assigned car back. So you are absolutely correct with the 6 to 8 changes a day. There should be a listing of the spare pool radio IDs somewhere.

Usually when a new car is placed into service, they move the radios over from the older car to the new car. They used to do this out at the shop near Troop K. In the meantime, the trooper is in a spare. Of course that could have changed since I/ve worked as a dispatcher for CSP.

adamfancher

Troopers changing cars is mostly done because they are utilizing a spare when their assigned one goes in for repairs (oil changes, body repairs, maintenance, ect.). And then again when the trooper get his / her assigned car back. So you are absolutely correct with the 6 to 8 changes a day. There should be a listing of the spare pool radio IDs somewhere.

Usually when a new car is placed into service, they move the radios over from the older car to the new car. They used to do this out at the shop near Troop K. In the meantime, the trooper is in a spare. Of course that could have changed since I/ve worked as a dispatcher for CSP.

More great information! Thank you!

adamfancher

Currently running that. Was hoping something was more detailed than that. I used unitrunker at one point but didn’t like it

If you come across anything new, please keep us updated. I am really satisfied with DSD+ but if something better comes along, I'm all ears :)

adamfancher

I meant if you're successful in finding any new software with the features you're looking for. I actually haven't tried Unitrunker, although I've certainly heard of it. Does it do Phase 2?

adamfancher

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider

Usually when a new car is placed into service, they move the radios over from the older car to the new car. They used to do this out at the shop near Troop K. In the me
More great information! Thank you!

antime, the trooper is in a spare. Of course that could have changed since I/ve worked as a dispatcher for CSP.

Here is the CALLS channel to hear those NCC changes, if that's your thing..

Connecticut Land Mobile Radio Network (CLMRN)
2017 (Network Control Center/Connecticut Telecommunications Services) - Live

Also check out the full talkgroup list.. Talkgroups Seen on System: Connecticut Land Mobile Radio Network (CLMRN)

Always a new talkgroup popping up, and it's fun to identify them.

Reconrider

I meant if you're successful in finding any new software with the features you're looking for. I actually haven't tried Unitrunker, although I've certainly heard of it. Does it do Phase 2?
Unitrunker does p2 but only text logging. You can’t hear audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.