New CSP Site Map now online!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmik

Hi All,
I've just finished putting together a new mapping web page for the CSP system. I put it together using info from the RR Connecticut State Police database, the FCC ULS database and some guessing.... :confused:
You'll notice I've added most of the intellirepeater sites and also I've added the RT 7 Bulls Bridge site. The troop outlines were supplied courtesy of a kml file by dimab. A past post mentioned that the outlines may not all be correct?
Any info, questions, comments, additions or changes would be appreciated. I hope it is helpful for scanning the CSP system.

Enjoy! -Tim​

KB1JHU

Yeah. Some corrections for the Troop areas. Troop G does not cover Shelton, that's I's. And east of the Housatonic River (Stratford/Milford line) Troop G only covers I-95 and a part of 91 all the way east to the Branford/Guilford line.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Branford's portion of 95 is covered by Troop F. The G / F Line is the Branford / East Haven line, easily confused, I usually make the same mistake. The Troop I / G line on I-91 is between Exits 2 and 3. There is also a very little portion of I-84 you have in Troop I's territory, that is actually covered by Troop A, I-691 is all of Troop I's. Figured you might have just roughed the line there so no biggie.

As for the tower site, you look to be right on the money.

cg

Premium Subscriber
there are a number of tower locations that have multiple Zones on them. As far as I can tell, there is only one listed for each icon.

chris

tmik

there are a number of tower locations that have multiple Zones on them. As far as I can tell, there is only one listed for each icon.

chris
Have you tried clicking on or checking the "Sidebar" box?

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I just go by the map the CSP has up: DPS: CSP Troops and Districts Location Map

I forgot about that map. I was going off of memory from my old Troop I dispatching days. I-84 is like 95, Troop I does the Major crime stuff and Troop A does the highway since there all three districts (A, I & H) all meet up there. It was always weird through there as we would get a lot of 911 calls hitting the towers along 691 which rolled over to us.

Last edited:

dimab

pretty cool. no easy way to do the troop G I95 corridor. otherwise the map should be fairly accurate.

Awesome map. I put a link to it on my website, Cause I think it'd go well with what's already there.

I gotta ask how long it took to do that..

tmik

Glad you guys find it useful. It took a bit of time.......Keeps me outta trouble! 73 Tim

Billygoat

Premium Subscriber
Open Carrier on CSP

I'm monitoring Troops F,G and I and as of this week ,after there transmission, I'm getting a open carrier signal
I have to resume scanning manually to allow scanning again I have never had this problem in over a year. I'm having this happen in both my 996T and 396T does this have something to do with the Changes to there system

Regards
Bill

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
Probably not. It usually has to do with atmospheric conditions you can try turning digital endtone off. there's two setting trying to remember them with scanner in front of me. I think its digital endtone. turn it off on the control channel frequency. it happens every year luckily I havent gotten it yet. but I am sure I will. always do

I'm monitoring Troops F,G and I and as of this week ,after there transmission, I'm getting a open carrier signal
I have to resume scanning manually to allow scanning again I have never had this problem in over a year. I'm having this happen in both my 996T and 396T does this have something to do with the Changes to there system

Regards
Bill

Billygoat

Premium Subscriber
I'll try that but, it is only happening on the CSP channels not wallingford p25 or branford,etc. or any other bandwidth. Or maybe I should just reprogram the whole system from ARC996 from the RR datbase

Bill

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
right I know its only happening on CSP. that's what u asked about. This happens every year on CSP if you look back through the archives. Reprogramming your whole system probably will not do a thing. If you are using a portable scanner/antenna. try moving it in the room that may knock the carrier off.

I'll try that but, it is only happening on the CSP channels not wallingford p25 or branford,etc. or any other bandwidth. Or maybe I should just reprogram the whole system from ARC996 from the RR datbase

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.