New CSP System Talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1JHU

TG 49264 coming up. I heard them doing radio initializations for Judicial Marshal units on my way to work but couldn't see the TG. My guess is that this TG is for them.

scollier

Yeah... I saw that... Some units are using it now. Also noticed 853.9000 on Z2 looks like replacing 852.2750.

Hope everyone had a great easter!

shawn

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Judicial Marshal Transport Svc.

Yes sir! Its the Marshals! From what I can hear, it's all being run out of New Haven, most likely Union Ave . That is no surprise as transportation was usualy run out of New Haven anyway in the past. The "station" numbers you hear refer to the different courthouses and / or pick up locations. (Bridgeport Correctional, New Haven Union Ave, ect.) DOC central transport takes the inmates as far as BCC and Union Ave here in NHVN / FFLD counties. The Marshals pick up from those 2 facilities and transport to the courthouses. Females are ALL dropped off at Union Ave. BCC stopped accepting them there years ago when we were still Deputy Sheriffs. Signal 7s are males and signal 8s are females. They usualy give the onboard body count either when leaving the pick up location or when they arrive at the drop off location. Transport used to be on the Marcus system. The local courthouse Marshals use simplex within the facilities. Kenwood TK-380s if I remember correctly. Anyway, that's all I remember right now! Hope it helps you understand a little better.

Manny

Last edited:

scanningisfun

I was on Unitrunker yesterday for like two hours and saw some radios affiliating with that talkgroup on RFSS 9 (Troop C/K Simulcast). I will go back and see if I can get the RID numbers. After logging the UIDs, I notices a pattern with how the troop consoles were set up. They followed a specific numbering pattern. There were also some other talkgroups that radios were affiliating with that the database doesn't have.

Jacob

scanningisfun

I looked on Unitrunker and TG 49264 was logged at 17:18 yesterday. It did not have any RIDs associated with it when I clicked on history. The only RID that I saw that was affiliated was 57047.

Jacob

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
You gotta Love The 396XT!

Here is what I discovered so far using my 396XT;

ID# Unit #

57014 New Haven Base
57049 Van 03
57047 Van 12
57016 Van 27
57086 Van 32
57097 Van 34
57000 Van 76
57055 Van 78
57003 Van 84
57067 Van 679

That's all I have been able to get for now.

Manny

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Each console position has its own ID for each talkgroup, typically in the 64xxx range IIRC. Basically infrastructure products in Motorola trunked systems are assigned high numbers. If you look at other moto systems in the state you'll see that pattern.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Maybe Conn only Westchester County N.Y. all consoles for Fire have 3 digit numbers,and they can vary based on the talk-group selected from the same console position. Transportation are 4 digit, and also vary bases on talkgroup. All mobiles, portables and bases on the system are 5 digit.

jim202

Maybe Conn only Westchester County N.Y. all consoles for Fire have 3 digit numbers,and they can vary based on the talk-group selected from the same console position. Transportation are 4 digit, and also vary bases on talkgroup. All mobiles, portables and bases on the system are 5 digit.

I am not sure where your getting that the radio ID can vary from one talkgroup to another. The radio ID in a Motorola radio on a trunking system is set by the system program setup and not by the talkgroup setup. If your seeing different radio ID numbers showing up, they have to be coming from another radio.

scanningisfun

Each console position has its own ID for each talkgroup, typically in the 64xxx range IIRC. Basically infrastructure products in Motorola trunked systems are assigned high numbers. If you look at other moto systems in the state you'll see that pattern.

I already knew about the console RIDs being high numbers (60000s), but I found that the last two digits of the RID were unique to each troop. I also found that most troops had two consoles. (Troop H has four and Troop E has three from what I came up with) I wasn't able to log Troops A, G, or L.

Jacob

cg

Premium Subscriber
Most troops have 3 consoles with several having more. There is also the NCC (13 positions) as well as the ERV trucks. Every console/talkgroup (or private call) combination has a unique ID.

chris

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Not on Westchester's system, I watch when they do Hospital role call, and as the same dispatcher calls each different Hospital on a different talk group his/her ID changes.(I doubt they run around changing consoles between transmissions) I also watch as the same dispatcher who is handling a few different calls switches from one Fire talk group to another and his/her ID does change. I'm thinking that each Fire or EMS call has a different ID tagged to an actual call number in their system for tracking. Just now I am listening to the same dispatcher on Fire 17 ID'ed as 406 ,on Fire 13 as ID 303,and EMS16 as 606.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I would guess that Westchester's system was not set up by the vendor that did many of the CT systems. The comment was made that other Moto systems in the CT have the same pattern and that is accurate (at least for West Hartford and Wethersfield as well as the CSP system).

chris

PJH

Premium Subscriber
It's upto the customer to do what they want if they really want to get that specific. The high numbers are typically grouped for the equipment for service issues rather than looking all over a database. It's more for convienance for the techs.

As CG stated the CSP consoles have an ID for each talk group as they are aliased along with te field radios do the ncc/hq/other troops know who is using the resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.