New CSX feed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reconrider8

Nice!! what area are you located in? im up around the VA line on the North End and i know the guy who runs the feed for up here very well

N4RMT

Premium Subscriber
It covers the South End sub around Rocky Mount and Elm City, including the Rocky Mount yard.

Eng3ineer

Hello all. Just wanted to let you know I have a new CSX feed up. It's here. CSX South End Sub - Rocky Mount Yard
Still sorting out the best antenna, but made a ton of progress today.

Thanks and enjoy.

I've had good results with the TrainTenna Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna DPD Productions - TrainTenna Railroad Voice Band and ATCS Antennas for Commercial & Hobbyist Applications as my main feed antenna for my three railfeeds.

Kansas City Southern Shreveport Subdivision

Union Pacific Little Rock Subdivision

Union Pacific Pine Bluff Subdivision

N4RMT

Premium Subscriber
I've got a diamond CP22e I'm going to trim to 160.59 when the weather eases up. Got some new LMR400 I need to run anyway.

Eng3ineer

I've got a diamond CP22e I'm going to trim to 160.59 when the weather eases up. Got some new LMR400 I need to run anyway.

Got little antenna work I need to do myself, but the weather been same here south Arkansas as well. If it's not been raining everything been coated in ice or snow if not that the wind been blowing at what feels like 100 mph.

Dragonborn

For my portable scanner I use a Diamond RH770. It is normally for 144-148 MHz, so I don't entend it to its full length.

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber

That antenna should work really well...I also use a Tram 1480 with pretty good results not quite as good as the Traintenna though..

N4RMT

Premium Subscriber
Got the diamond trimmed to 161Mhz. Gonna get it up in a day or so when I get time. It will have better gain @ 6db than the $80+ "traintenna"... I'm sorry, I just can't bring myself to buy into that. I've made too many antennas in my day. I couldn't bring myself to charge people that much for that.

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Got the diamond trimmed to 161Mhz. Gonna get it up in a day or so when I get time. It will have better gain @ 6db than the $80+ "traintenna"... I'm sorry, I just can't bring myself to buy into that. I've made too many antennas in my day. I couldn't bring myself to charge people that much for that.

Wasn't trying to sell the antenna or hoping you would buy one, just giving some input on what I use.

N4RMT

Premium Subscriber
Oh no I know you weren't. I was just giving my input on the antenna as well. No harm intended.

ncrailfan

Feed Provider
Diamond Antenna

When should we expect the Diamond antenna to be mounted?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.