New D.O.T freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
The STATE DOT REGION 3 out of dixfield use to use that freq, but went back to 47.340 and I don't kn ow why

mainetrunk

Hopefully they will be part of the new COMMNET system. From what I have been told, there are allegedly only 4 repairmen that know the current DOT towers throughout the whole state. I dont see any new antennas on any vehicles YET..

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully they will be part of the new COMMNET system. From what I have been told, there are allegedly only 4 repairmen that know the current DOT towers throughout the whole state. I dont see any new antennas on any vehicles YET..

Me neither but Region 3 was on this freq back 5 years ago and then came off it for some reason

mainetrunk

They COULD upgrade their system, it's an old system.. Like i said, there is allegedly only 4 techs here that know the current lo-band system. If it sizzles somewhere, it could be a long wait for it to be back in service. I mean, they need reliable communication as well. ( besides, searching the lo-band is a pain with all the interference ) They dont have to be digital, but at least in the vhf or uhf range would be nice..

NickH

Why change? Low band is perfectly suited for their long-range mobile-only operation. 4 Techs is not unreasonable for a system that size...

ecps92

Mass also continues to maintain it's Low-Band and even began adding Repeaters

If it's not Broke - Don't Break it

Why change? Low band is perfectly suited for their long-range mobile-only operation. 4 Techs is not unreasonable for a system that size...

mainetrunk

I am going to say yes to my own question, and I will tell you why..
1st, checkout the confirmation dates, not many confirmed this year.
2nd, 47.100--dc 205 I belive is a simulcast of 47.34--167.9
3rd, that is the only channel you wx reports--47.34/167.9
4th, all I hear them say for channel is 32 or 39, simplex I beleive
As far as how many techs, if you guys say it is a good system, long range, clarity, great... Just THOUGHT they would upgrade, since 1/2 of everyone else in the U.S has in the past 10 years. And have you seen some of those antennas? Bent like a twig. Like you say ECPS 92, if it aint broke, dont break it..

ecps92

If folks don't listen and Report/Post then they don't get listed as confirmed.

You might be Right for your Area of the State, they only USE one of the Repeaters
but that doesn't mean there are not others. Just look at the FCC for the license info.

I am going to say yes to my own question, and I will tell you why..
1st, checkout the confirmation dates, not many confirmed this year.
2nd, 47.100--dc 205 I belive is a simulcast of 47.34--167.9
3rd, that is the only channel you wx reports--47.34/167.9
4th, all I hear them say for channel is 32 or 39, simplex I beleive
As far as how many techs, if you guys say it is a good system, long range, clarity, great... Just THOUGHT they would upgrade, since 1/2 of everyone else in the U.S has in the past 10 years. And have you seen some of those antennas? Bent like a twig. Like you say ECPS92, if it aint broke, dont break it..

mainetrunk

""that doesn't mean there are not others"" You may be right sir, I'll stick a few more in on my long range ferret antenna, see if I can get ANYTHING up north

Status
Not open for further replies.