Icom: New D-STAR handheld: Icom ID-52A/E

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperG900

WG5ENE
ID-52 Apology and Notice of Production Delay
Thank you for your continued patronage of Icom products.
Regarding the 144 / 430MHz dual band 5W digital transceiver "ID-52" released in October 2020, there is a delay in the supply of parts from external partner companies, and additional production is significantly delayed. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to customers and retailers who are waiting for ID-52.
We will inform you about the timing of resuming production as soon as it is confirmed.
We are doing our utmost to resume production as soon as possible, and we appreciate your understanding.

N4DJC

According to The Spectrum Monitor the ID-52 is shipping in Japan, anyone heard anything about A/E availability?

Translated from a press release....

144/430MHz dual-band 5W digital transceiver ID-52 will resume shipping.Since its launch in October last year, we have received many orders, but additional production has been significantly delayed due to difficulties in procuring key components.We are pleased to know that we will be available for procurement of core parts and will resume production/shipment.In addition, based on the recent social situation, Selfiel ® processing that demonstrates excellent effects such as antibacterial and antiviral has been applied to the main body and the attached battery from this shipment.We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to customers and dealers who are looking forward to ID-52, and ask for your continued patronage of ICOM in the future

Last edited:

dmaria

According to The Spectrum Monitor the ID-52 is shipping in Japan, anyone heard anything about A/E availability?

Translated from a press release....

144/430MHz dual-band 5W digital transceiver ID-52 will resume shipping.Since its launch in October last year, we have received many orders, but additional production has been significantly delayed due to difficulties in procuring key components.We are pleased to know that we will be available for procurement of core parts and will resume production/shipment.In addition, based on the recent social situation, Selfiel ® processing that demonstrates excellent effects such as antibacterial and antiviral has been applied to the main body and the attached battery from this shipment.We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to customers and dealers who are looking forward to ID-52, and ask for your continued patronage of ICOM in the future

Crossing my fingers. I'm still holding on to my Christmas money waiting for it....

N4DJC

Looks like it was approved by the FCC in December. Just waiting on the radios to show up from Japan for sale.

N4DJC

@dmaria

It appears that there will be external photos, internal photos, and the users manual available for download on 4-9-21. I read that as Icom has shipped radios to the FCC with the type acceptance label as required for sale in the US. Good news at least.

Last edited:

dmaria

@dmaria

It appears that there will be external photos, internal photos, and the users manual available for download on 4-9-21. I read that as Icom has shipped radios to the FCC with the type acceptance label as required for sale in the US. Good news at least.

Great news. Now, if the price doesn't knock my socks off, I'm ready to buy.

N4DJC

Great news. Now, if the price doesn't knock my socks off, I'm ready to buy.

One guy (not a reliable source) said they might be in country April 16.

The Japanese price was 59,800 yen, but that’s been a while back. The restock of new Kenwood D74A’s at $679.00 + is alarming.

Last edited:

dmaria

One guy (not a reliable source) said they might be in country April 16.

The Japanese price was 58,000 yen ($540 US), but that’s been a while back. The restock of new Kenwood D74A’s at $679.00 + is alarming.

I thought the TH-D74 was discontinued.

dmaria

It was, but evidently Kenwood made another run. They are now $729 at HRO, were $679....crazy.

Maybe I should sell mine :) I also have a D72 and an F6. I could be setting on a gold mine....

N8FNR

Keep the D72, never had a single problem with the one I owned...

Someone would have to throw big money at me before I would sell my D72a. After all are there any HT's that are full duplex except for it? BTW I plan on doing some satellite ops with it from grid FN51 in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.