New Data Channels in Ottawa (Motorola Type II???)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
Today I am in Ottawa, and while scanning the 800mhz range found 3 new Motorola Type II Sounding Control channels...I don't have anything with me other than 246T to try and figure them out. 866.1625mhz, 866.9125mhz, 867.0375mhz. I've entered them into the scanner but not getting anything on them voice channel wise. Not 100% sure Type II Control channels might be MDT type traffic.

FPO703

They might be distant stations. The bands are WIDE open right now. They might be coming from Michigan or someplace else.

DaveH

ocscan said:
Today I am in Ottawa, and while scanning the 800mhz range found 3 new Motorola Type II Sounding Control channels...I don't have anything with me other than 246T to try and figure them out. 866.1625mhz, 866.9125mhz, 867.0375mhz. I've entered them into the scanner but not getting anything on them voice channel wise. Not 100% sure Type II Control channels might be MDT type traffic.

People on the Quebec side (Gatineau) who have P25 capability and a better command
of french than I do will want to pay attention. I believe Gatineau PD (and who knows,
maybe FD and city services) are supposed to switch to an 850MHz P25 system
sometime soon.

There appear to be three control channels, and the rest are probably in test
mode transmitting digital audio...a total of eight so far.

Dave

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
They sounded like standard 3600baud Control channels, is it trackable via Trunker etc... If so I will bring trunker rig and laptop down next time I'm in Ottawa.

DaveH

ocscan said:
They sounded like standard 3600baud Control channels, is it trackable via Trunker etc... If so I will bring trunker rig and laptop down next time I'm in Ottawa.

They sound more like 9.6k control channels. Another local dude who
also found these also thinks so. I don't think Trunker will work
(tried it already). Even UniTrunker, which is supposed to handle
9.6k, reportedly doesn't work (yet) on some new systems.

Dave

sudsyjkh

I just heard some radio testing. Indeed 9600 bod channels. Loud and clear on the pro-96. Radio testing 1-2-3-4-5 both in french and english. Still talking right now 17:33. Sounding quite good from west end Ottawa [algonquin college area].
I found these about a week and a half ago, but I didn't want to post anything, for fear I was getting excited about a new radio system for nothing [if it was just data or anything]. But the presence of testing has confermed it's a new system.
-John

Status
Not open for further replies.