New Data for Idaho 700 mhz state wide system

Status
Not open for further replies.

shenny

Premium Subscriber
How does Radio Reference get there data when there are updates to a new system like in Idaho where they are building a new system state wide over a few years? Kootenai County just went to 700 mhz on fire freq. and the only program data is the freq's and primary control channel, how and when can i get the rest of the trunking data. I have a new uniden bc 996 xt coming can i do a ID search and lock on it and store it?
I have been scanning for 30 years but trunking is new to me. Thank's for any help to get me started....Shenny

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
How does Radio Reference get there data when there are updates to a new system like in Idaho where they are building a new system state wide over a few years? Kootenai County just went to 700 mhz on fire freq. and the only program data is the freq's and primary control channel, how and when can i get the rest of the trunking data. I have a new uniden bc 996 xt coming can i do a ID search and lock on it and store it?
I have been scanning for 30 years but trunking is new to me. Thank's for any help to get me started....Shenny
The FCC license data for the Kootenai system was previously posted here, and includes all frequencies for each site.The control channel frequencie(s) will be one or more of the frequencies licensed for each site listed.
http://forums.radioreference.com/id...9-state-idaho-700-mhz-iimars.html#post1160920

Radioreference is dependent on scanner users/listeners such as you and me in each state to verify and update the database information. If you can verify the control frequencies being used in your area as well as the the site ID numbers and Talkgroups, it would be nice if you could provide inputs to update the database for the N. Idaho part of the 700 system. So far nobody in N. Idaho seems to be inputting to the RR database for the 700 MHz system

Hope this helps.

Edit: All you really need is the control channel frequency programmed into your 996XT.You don't really need all of the trunking frequencies for the scanner to receive everything. But you need the control frequency for each transmitter site that you are able to receive in order to receive transmissions from that site.

Dave

Last edited:

shenny

Premium Subscriber
Idaho 700 mhz state wide system

Thanks Dave for the inside track to scanning the trunk system. I do have control channel and all freq's that FCC gave Cda area, i have a new scanner 996 xt coming this week from scanner master along with actpro software. i have one site number so far, i live close to 911 dispatch center. i'm hoping to do the ID scan thing and get some of the imformation that way..also live near the fire stations, they dispatch on Vhf 154.130 and they go inservice on fire ops channel 1,2,3,4,5 on the new 700 system. I dont know how hard it will be to get the Hex Dec data or well it display it when i get a hit on search? What area are you Dave? Thanks Shenny

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Since you are getting the 996XT scanner.

You will have the option to use this free Pro96Com software to view the 'Control Channel' data on your computer screen. Plus it will show you the 'Site Neighbors' you also might be able to pick up doing road trips etc... Plus you can log other stuff via the software.

If you use the Pro96Com software. You could then post the tower.txt text on the forum.
Others will review the tower data for the Idaho statewide system.

Pro96Com - Website.
http://www.psredit.com/pro96com/index.html

Other software for 996XT model can be found on the wiki.
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BCD996XT

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks Dave for the inside track to scanning the trunk system. I do have control channel and all freq's that FCC gave Cda area, i have a new scanner 996 xt coming this week from scanner master along with actpro software. i have one site number so far, i live close to 911 dispatch center. i'm hoping to do the ID scan thing and get some of the imformation that way..also live near the fire stations, they dispatch on Vhf 154.130 and they go inservice on fire ops channel 1,2,3,4,5 on the new 700 system. I dont know how hard it will be to get the Hex Dec data or well it display it when i get a hit on search? What area are you Dave? Thanks Shenny
The 996xt will display the Talkgroup data. Use the 996 in the ID search mode to see all the TGs. They will probably simulcast the fire/EMS on both the old vhf and on 700. That's what all the other fire agencies are doing when converting over to 700. If you have any problems programming your 996xt, let me know. I am in the Idaho Falls area.

Dave

shenny

Premium Subscriber
Hello, Can you help me? I have a 996xt using the ARC XT Pro programming...
It's set up for scanning the new Idaho 700 system. My problem is when it hears traffic it stops just fine but before the conversation is over it Resumes scanning right in the middle of the transmit and it cuts them off the dispatcher or car. It's like the old scanner you could set the resume time after a stop. How do i extend the time to make it wait time they are done talking? Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.