New Delaware Co. issue w/BC 396

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob12474

I have a Bearcat 396 and I regularly monitor Franklin County and a number of other Trunked Systems. I used ARC 396 to download the new Delaware County Apco 25 system and installed it. I cannot get anything at all to recieve in this system. All nmy other systems still work fine, and when the scanner scans this sytem I have several bars on the signal strength meter. I have even tried monitoring from the fire station and can hear the transmissions fine over the station radios, but the 396 simply will not recieve the channels. I have all of the groups turned on, and I am at a loss for ideas. This is the first Apco 25 system I have tried.......any ideas or comments would be welcomed, no matter how simple. I sure it is just some simple setting I have overlooked.
Thanks, Rob

rob12474

I checked on ARC 396 and it shows the system as a apco 25 system. I tried to physically check on the scanner itself but cannot find where to check it at. I also tried the manual. I also looked at the frequencies and they are the same as the ones listed in the database, which makes sense because I have good signal strength showing when I "hold" on that system. Any other ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.....scanning this new system is precisely why I purchased this particular scanner, so I really have to get this figured out. Thanks for your replies.
Rob

mmartinfan

Banned
I would suggest programming it by hand. Its not hard and gives you the learning lesson needed incase you would have to do it on the fly. I also had an issue on where to find it in the scanner programming. But I was sitting in a parking lot in Delaware county when I was looking @ it.

Rick-Rock

Their new system is NOT digital. I have seen the radios installed for it, as well as sat and had a lengthy conversation with their chief about the new system. They are equipped with analog high-power spectras.

FPO703

Rick-Rock said:
Their new system is NOT digital. I have seen the radios installed for it, as well as sat and had a lengthy conversation with their chief about the new system. They are equipped with analog high-power spectras.

I'd love to see Analog Spectras work on a P-25 system.
They might work on the OLD system. But, not on the new countywide system

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Rick-Rock said:
I don't know, but they were not Astro spectras. He had it installed in his suburban. Hir prop was definitely astro XTS5000...

The Astro XTS5000 *is* a digital radio.

Trust us. The system is digital, 100%.

Tom WA8PYR

Rick-Rock

Oh, I know astros quite well myself. (And I KNOW XTS's are astro!) The A9 head in his rig was a HCN1073D, so maybe it had the chip upgrade done to it, although I never saw a municipality use substandard/modified equipment around here before.

Status
Not open for further replies.