New Deschutes County P25 License

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Looks like Deschutes County is planning on going P25:

ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked License - WQYP687 - DESCHUTES COUNTY 911

From the attachment in the license:

"DC-911 is improving radio system coverage throughout Deschutes County and Redmond with the implementation of a trunked simulcast P-25 radio system which will operate in conjunction with the State of Oregon statewide radio system."

https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/...tachmentKey=20044729&attachmentInd=applAttach

I heard TG 65103 on the State Radio Project off the Portland Simulcast site a while back. It was techs in Central Oregon talking to a dispatcher called "DC 911."

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for that info!
Does anyone know if Columbia and Yamhill Counties are also planning to migrate to the Oregon State Radio Project? I've been hearing patch talkgroups for those counties on the Newberg site. I can't seem to get a decent decode for that system either, it sounds really awful. Probably a combination of weak signal, Phase II, and the fact that they are patches which often don't sound great to begin with. If anyone has any settings tips for this system I'd sure appreciate it. Uniden x36 or Whistler TRX-2.
Thanks!

jeb2942

Feed Provider
I'm receiving the Newberg site with no errors from my location. You might try the OSRP Washington Co Simulcast CC 769.21875 or the OSRP Portland Simulcast CC 770.44375 and see if either of those work better for you.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
I'm receiving the Newberg site with no errors from my location. You might try the OSRP Washington Co Simulcast CC 769.21875 or the OSRP Portland Simulcast CC 770.44375 and see if either of those work better for you.

I do have both of those sites enabled, as well as Goat Mountain. I'll have to pay closer attention, but I don't think I'm ever grabbing a control channel for Wash County. That could just be my location, as I don't get a good signal on WCCCA 800 MHz Simulcast either. I do get a good signal on Goat and Portland, but those don't seem to carry nearly as much traffic as Newberg. I haven't spent a lot of time monitoring this system because it sounds so bad! I'd like to get it tweaked in better though.

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
I meant to post something about this the other day, oops. At any rate, the Oregon DB has already been updated to reflect the Redmond PD system is no longer in existence and their 5 frequencies are added to the DC 911 system. I'll post more as I know. Timeframe is supposed to be about 6 months.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
I meant to post something about this the other day, oops. At any rate, the Oregon DB has already been updated to reflect the Redmond PD system is no longer in existence and their 5 frequencies are added to the DC 911 system. I'll post more as I know. Timeframe is supposed to be about 6 months.

Thank you.

cinsu

Using a combination of the linked documents, the data already listed under the state system and the FCC data I mapped out the sites. I made this for my own reference for programming into my BCD996P2. For this reason I did not use the radius from radioreference nor from the FCC. The "state owned" sites I gave radius of 20 miles except for Mt. Bachelor which I gave 25 miles and Powell Butte which I gave 10 miles due to significant overlap. All of the "county owned" sites I gave a radius of 10 miles.

I'll also note, I only included the sites that were listed as primary sites in the pdf document. I did not list sites that were listed as backup such as the Glass Butte site that would obviously be necessary for coverage in far East Deschutes County.

Attachments

• Deschutes TRS.jpg
    Deschutes TRS.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
Powell Butte is the only site active now (with day-to-day transmissions) and actually has an incredible reach. I would revise and change it from the measly 10 miles you gave it. ;) Nice map though!

The state sites are active with control channels, but there has been no voice or data traffic on any of them. The Deschutes sites haven't turned on yet.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Hey there Oregon ~ I'll be spending some time driving from Portland to Bend then up to Seattle, how much will I pickup on my HP1 and GPS set to auto mode? Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.