New Digital site in Southeastern CT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowscout

This morning, at around 5:45 am, I saw something curious on my 996xt on the freq used for the Civil Defense in Ledyard, 153.9650 MHz. P25, LNK. I sat there for a few minutes and listened. I don't know who they are or what they were talking about.(came into to the conversation in the middle of it apparently) The people talking made references to contacting someone and setting something up. This on and off converstion last till about 6:05 am then stopped. Any ideas?

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
This morning, at around 5:45 am, I saw something curious on my 996xt on the freq used for the Civil Defense in Ledyard, 153.9650 MHz. P25, LNK. I sat there for a few minutes and listened. I don't know who they are or what they were talking about.(came into to the conversation in the middle of it apparently) The people talking made references to contacting someone and setting something up. This on and off converstion last till about 6:05 am then stopped. Any ideas?

Redding PD is on that freq P25 NAC 117.
Next time try to catch the NAC if you put it in Digital Only Search mode, and see if it matches the 117.
There was pretty a good band enhancement on VHF this morning. I was talking on a Philly ham repeater with 5 watts this morning so anything is possible, even if Redding is quite a few miles from you.
Bob

snowscout

Well, I just caught it again on my 396xt. Same thing as the 996xt but no talking just a quick stop on that freq and P25 LNK. If it is from Pa, that is one heck of a signal! I will set it to digital search and see what comes of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.