New dispatch system allows ... officers to listen to 911 calls ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LD723

I have always wondered why this sort of thing wasn't used sooner

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
New dispatch system allows Douglas County officers to listen to 911 calls in real-time

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office is implementing a new dispatch system in an effort to expedite response times.

Live911 allows first responders to hear 911 calls as they are being answered by dispatchers in real-time.

This story was covered by the ABC affiliate in Reno last night. The Douglas Co. S.O is the PSAP for at least the eastern side of Alpine County, California and I'm not sure if that covers the Kirkwood area. I think the Bear Valley area goes to a different PSAP, but I'm not sure of that. Anyway, it hasn't been mentioned whether Alpine County bought into this system. I think not. Alpine is California's least populated county and isn't blessed with a whole lot of revenue. Radio traffic is minimal as well. They have the S.O., fire departments and SAR on the same repeater network. They took the school buses off of it as recently as 15 years ago, public works as well, who used to have just a simplex frequency. SAR finally has their own tactical frequency.

Anyway, if anyone hears if Alpine County has this equipment in their LE vehicles I'm curious.

KA7MBQ

Premium Subscriber
New dispatch system allows Douglas County officers to listen to 911 calls in real-time

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office is implementing a new dispatch system in an effort to expedite response times.

Live911 allows first responders to hear 911 calls as they are being answered by dispatchers in real-time.

A friend worked for an rural agency that forwarded calls to the deputy. It worked better than having 911 relay info, seems like 1/2 of the info can get lost. Finding a place in the boonies directions like turn at the old Johnson place, or just past the 2nd wash turn right.

Status
Not open for further replies.