New Douglas County P-25 Sub-System online

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadSpleen85

Has Lawerence abandoned there VHF fire and ems analog frequencies?
Lawrence Fire Medical is fully on the digital system. The rural FD's outside of Lawrence still use VHF for paging. You should still hear tone outs and the dispatcher giving the call info. Responding and everything else is digital.

Has any updated the database with the new system?
Looks like the database was last updated June 21st. So it should be fairly up to date.

If anyone is logging, there should be some new TGs. I have a scanner set up in Lawrence that I access online... No logging and I can't access the display though. There should be a few Fire Medical Ops TGs. I've heard several mentions of "Ops 3." Don't see it in the database though.

CryptoBoy

Regarding fire, city fire is totally on the trunking system. Rural fire is partly on the trunking system and partly on the old VHF conventional system. Rural fire dispatch is multicast on VHF EOC1, EOC3, and EOC5, as well as on the trunking system TG4769.

Based on an event this morning, I'm almost certain TG4728 is Fire Ops 3, the new equivalent of the old Fire 3 of the VHF days.

nec911

I had a conversation with Douglas County last week about programming some of our cache radios and empty zones with their talk groups. This is what I got from them for Fire/EMS talk groups.

4767 LDCFM Dispatch
4768 LDCFM Administrative
4769 Douglas County Fire Dispatch
4770 Lecompton Fire Administrative
4771 Kanawaka Township Fire Administrative
4772 Clinton Township Fire Administrative
4773 Willow Springs Township Fire Administrative
4774 Clarion Springs EMS Administrative
4775 Wakarusa Township Fire Adminstrative
4776 Eudora Township Fire Administrative
4777 Baldwin City Fire Administrative
4778 Eudora City Fire Administrative
4779 Palmyra Township Fire Administrative
4780 Overbrook Fire Administrative
4728 Douglas County Fireground Operations 3
4729 Douglas County Fireground Operations 4
4730 Douglas County Fireground Operations 5
4731 Douglas County Fireground Operations 6
4732 Douglas County Fireground Operations 7
4733 Douglas County Fireground Operations 8
4767 LDCFM Dispatch
4768 LDCFM Administrative

MadSpleen85

It seems to be taking a while for the database to be updated. I submitted several new/corrected TGs last week, all of them are still pending.

Still shows the latest update was on July 2nd... I believe my submissions (this system and the KC area MARRS) were in before that.

nec911

It seems to be taking a while for the database to be updated. I submitted several new/corrected TGs last week, all of them are still pending.

Still shows the latest update was on July 2nd... I believe my submissions (this system and the KC area MARRS) were in before that.

Mad----
I had asked for an update about three months ago and just got word today that it had been taken care of. I am sure they are very busy. I am working on our templates for our radios and when I get done I will ask the database to update the Douglas and Shawnee systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.