New DPS experimental license Houston area

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
This is for LTE. I see a lot of these applications popping up in Google searches, most for large metro areas. City of Los Angeles has a similar app here where it states it is LTE, with those same emission designators.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
This is part of the Harris County (more specifically the Greater Harris County Emergency 911 Network) LTE system, with the system core residing at DPS Region II HQ. Don't panic, it's not going to replace either of the county voice radio systems.. there will be some talkgroup patches in place but LTE is nowhere near robust enough (yet) to support safety-of-life voice dispatch operations, and its primary function will be mobile broadband access. For an idea of what the handheld devices will look like, take a look at this: LEX 700 Mission Critical Handheld - Motorola Solutions USA

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
The LEX 700 seems to be essentially a handheld MDT. I like the feature where you can control the APX7000 through it. That seems kind of interesting.

ka5lqj

A little "help", please?

Good Morning! :D

I have a grade school/high school buddy that works in Houston proper for a natural gas transmission company. He is on the 26th floor with a window pointed North-Northeast, towards Shreveport, LA. Al wants to get into the monitoring hobby, again and asked me if any of the Houston FIRE/Police agencies are encripted or unexcessible by digital means. I told him about the Bearcat 996XTD and it's cost. I'd like to know (for him) if Houston is P-25 or encrypted, LTE, or some other digital mode that can't be recieved.

Thanks in advance,
GOD BLESS,

Don/KA5LQJ

N5AMS

At this point in time HPD and HFD are still on UHF and unencrypted for now that being said the city is in the process of building out a system the will be a p25 phase 2 which cannot be monitored by any scanner but I believe that it will be a little while before the new system is ready for them to switch over

Status
Not open for further replies.