New DSD+ FL - Nov 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRL-XM43

Make sure your FMPA (or FMP24, whichever you use) is set to 9.5 khz filtering. And if you are monitoring a simulcast site you must use FMPA or FMP24 as the control receiver.

Are you using a 0.x ppm dongle or an Airspy? Or are you using one of the ancient dongles with that tend to be off frequency? If so, you'll have to give FMPA|24 time to hone in on the signal if it happens to be off frequency.

Mike

I have the -b9.5 switch in both my FMP24 batch files. CC accepts it but VC changes it to 12.5 any way to force it to be 9.5 or is DSD+ recommending 12.5 in spite of the -b switch?

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
Make sure your FMPA (or FMP24, whichever you use) is set to 9.5 khz filtering. And if you are monitoring a simulcast site you must use FMPA or FMP24 as the control receiver.

Are you using a 0.x ppm dongle or an Airspy? Or are you using one of the ancient dongles with that tend to be off frequency? If so, you'll have to give FMPA|24 time to hone in on the signal if it happens to be off frequency.

Mike

Curious why the filtering is set to 9.5khz when a P25P2 Control Channel is FDMA 12.5khz?

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
I have the -b9.5 switch in both my FMP24 batch files. CC accepts it but VC changes it to 12.5 any way to force it to be 9.5 or is DSD+ recommending 12.5 in spite of the -b switch?

You can force it by using -b-9.5 (notice the extra hyphen). From FMP24 -help:

-b<kHz> Initial RF filter bandwidth (4, 7, 9.5, 12.5, 22) [-b7]
-b-<kHz> Set initial RF filter bandwidth and ignore hints from DSD+

EarHoles

This is my first update since i have signed up to fastlane about 3 months ago.
Roughly how long does it take to get out to everyone?
I havnt received mine yet is all.
Cheers

DRL-XM43

You can force it by using -b-9.5 (notice the extra hyphen). From FMP24 -help:

-b<kHz> Initial RF filter bandwidth (4, 7, 9.5, 12.5, 22) [-b7]
-b-<kHz> Set initial RF filter bandwidth and ignore hints from DSD+

Thank you sir, much appreciated - I must have missed that one.

Chance

Feed Provider
Holy smokes, Batman!! Wow! What an awesome early Christmas present. Phase II Works like a champ!

In OP25, tones are missing in fire/ems dispatches. Coming through perfectly in DSD+. And overall appears to be on par with OP25 if not even a bit better.

I'm an IT guy... I believe in running Linux for servers... But not for my daily driver. Thank you for bringing Phase 2 decoding to Windows. I am forever grateful and will kick in some more money on PayPal.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks Mike. Setting the bandwidth did the trick. Currently monitoring Plano, TX P25 Phase II with the latest fastlane.

You're welcome. Glad that helped. No PII around here for me to monitor, but I'm glad to hear you're achieving success with the new version!

mike

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Did anyone else not yet receive their email with the latest Fast Lane update? Seems like every update that releases I need to contact them to request the download link; is it just me or are others in the same boat?

LD723

Did anyone else not yet receive their email with the latest Fast Lane update? Seems like every update that releases I need to contact them to request the download link; is it just me or are others in the same boat?

I havent got mine either yet lol

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
I havent got mine either yet lol

Ah, good to know. I'm on edge since I've got some free time to play around for the next couple of weeks so I've been chomping at the bit to get my hands on it today. In the meantime, I'm delving into OP25 some more with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, trunking the MPSCS system now with it quite well too.

scan18

Premium Subscriber

Just curious, how long would you normally wait before contacting them? I just signed up about a week ago, so I’m probably near the bottom of the list.

EarHoles

Sorry im fairly new using DSD+FL.

I monitor a very large DMR Con+ MotoTrbo Network.

"Added decoding of standard DMR talker alias and talker GPS messages"

What will this mean when i receive update? i can read what each radio is labeled and sent coordinates or?

Cheers

slicerwizard

Only if the radios are programmed to send that information. Haven't seen any of that in my area yet.

Wait - Con+? No, Motorola isn't going to use standard messages; vendor lockin comes first...

SDRPlayer

Premium Subscriber
Just curious, how long would you normally wait before contacting them? I just signed up about a week ago, so I&#8217;m probably near the bottom of the list.

General consensus is that the roll-out may be alphabet based, which may explain why i never get mine until about a week after the initial releases go out.

Status
Not open for further replies.