New DSD+ FL - Nov 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Anyone having issues with Con+ decoding with this new version ?

In my instance, the event log window shows that it lost the CC and is checking the alternate(s) while the CC data DOS window shows decoded data humming along on the original CC.
I'm having the same issue on a P25 system. It sometimes says it lost the control channel, and it's tuning to the alternates, but even on the correct control channel, it continues to tune to all the alternate control channels, and won't decode. Exiting the program and restarting seems to be the only fix.

BM82557

Are you guys that are losing the control channel using a BW of 9.5? I am and no problems on a site I've been monitoring all day since I got the update.

KN4MJL

I can get the CC and decode that it switches the Voice FMP, but does not decode voice. I don't know how to get this to work on Windows 10. Any guidance from anyone that got it to work?

Markb

Premium Subscriber
I switched to 9.5 and it works fine now. I was thinking this only applied to P25P2.
Are you guys that are losing the control channel using a BW of 9.5? I am and no problems on a site I've been monitoring all day since I got the update.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Aurora

I'm having the same issue on a P25 system. It sometimes says it lost the control channel, and it's tuning to the alternates, but even on the correct control channel, it continues to tune to all the alternate control channels, and won't decode. Exiting the program and restarting seems to be the only fix.

Same on a DMR system including a Tier 3 system

ThePagerGeek

Premium Subscriber

slicerwizard

I just keep FMPA/FMP24 in manual mode (no -rc); that way it stays where I tune it.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Here's a Capacity Plus video. The audio is a little better than Phase II, but not great. It's about 3 minutes long with some dead air, but notice about halfway through, DSD+ loses the rest channel even though the rest channel is pulsing perfectly strong.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/37856753@N08/45834847062/in/dateposted/

Not suggesting that this would fix it, but try setting your bandwidth to 7.6 instead of 9.5.

7.6 is best for DMR / NXDN96. 4 for NXDN48 / IDAS. 9.5 for P25. At least that's my philosophy.

Mike

scan18

Premium Subscriber
I'm getting the "Unhandled PDU" messages in the VC event log. Per the notes, it says to send a raw VC recording so that support can be added for those messages. Sorry for the newbie question, does that mean just posting some VC output from the logs? What verbosity level is needed?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm getting the "Unhandled PDU" messages in the VC event log. Per the notes, it says to send a raw VC recording so that support can be added for those messages. Sorry for the newbie question, does that mean just posting some VC output from the logs? What verbosity level is needed?

No, it means pressing "r" in DSDPlus so that it writes the raw audio (preprocessing) into a .WAV file. Record a few minutes of it. Then press "r"again to stop the recording of raw audio. Then go look in your DSDPlus folder for the latest DSDPlus-Raw-Input*.wav file.

Zip that file up, rename the file to .zap, and send it back to dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com

NOTE: There is a size limit for sending files via email, and that limit is different for almost every provider. You might have to upload it to a free upload site and then post the link for the author to download it or email the link to the author.

mike

scan18

Premium Subscriber
No, it means pressing "r" in DSDPlus so that it writes the raw audio (preprocessing) into a .WAV file. Record a few minutes of it. Then press "r"again to stop the recording of raw audio. Then go look in your DSDPlus folder for the latest DSDPlus-Raw-Input*.wav file.

Zip that file up, rename the file to .zap, and send it back to dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com

NOTE: There is a size limit for sending files via email, and that limit is different for almost every provider. You might have to upload it to a free upload site and then post the link for the author to download it or email the link to the author.

mike

Got it, will do... thanks!

DRL-XM43

Not suggesting that this would fix it, but try setting your bandwidth to 7.6 instead of 9.5.

7.6 is best for DMR / NXDN96. 4 for NXDN48 / IDAS. 9.5 for P25. At least that's my philosophy.

Mike

This worked for me on a Con+ site I have had no issues otherwise.

Thanks, Mike,

Status
Not open for further replies.