New DSD Windows Build 1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
It's not in DSD at all- you have to change your system default record device... but with SDR stuff that usually means setting up a pipe. I think Virtual Audio Cable is the program most people suggest for it (it basically creates a fake output you can send to with the SDR receiver and a connected fake input for you to set as default for DSD to pull from.

yo3ggx

Hi,

I know that but what can I do if the SDR program (WbSDR) can play only on the default audio device. If I use VAC as default input and output then a loop will be created. As DSD runs under cygwin, I wonder if is possible to change /dev/dsp in cygwin to point to another audio device than the defaul tone.

Thank you,
Dan

D

DaveNF2G

Virtual Cable allows for more than one pipe to be set up.

yo3ggx

How can you use 2, 3 or how many VAC you want to use DSD together with a SDR receiver which does plays only through the default audio out? ,

Both will share the same output, being a VAC or a physical audio interface.

Thank you,
Dan

cobraDIHO

Hi radiodmr4tw,

It looks like you need to use the "-xr" DSD switch to correct the polarity.

br0adband

Could anyone help me with this?
Dsd - YouTube
Why I cant decode successfully :S?

Thank you.

First thing I'd suspect is that frequency - 173.752536 - which is pretty weird overall. I don't know exactly where you're located in the world, but in the US those frequencies in the upper part of the VHF-Hi band aren't allocated for such purposes (meaning DMR/MOTOTRBO emissions or anything even close to that) so, that could be the first issue. If you're in some other part of the world they could be, but even so I'd then suspect that even if the upper VHF-Hi band (roughly 140 to 174 MHz) is used in your country or area for comm purposes again that frequency is just so weird you're most likely not going to get anything useful from it.

Here are my suggestions:

Change the Filter bandwidth to 8000 (anywhere from 7000 to 9000 should be fine for DMR/MOTOTRBO decoding), set the Filter order to 10. Check the box that says "Correct IQ" and then also change the Step size to whatever is appropriate for the given frequency band (again, if you're not in the US I can't speak for the stepping/spacing but here in the US in the VHF-Hi band stepping it typically 5 kHz unless something special is being done).

Under Audio lower the AF Gain to the second from the last notch (at least for testing purposes), and uncheck the "Filter Audio" box - that's typically the best option as I understand it, but some people have reported better decodes with it checked (depending on what decoder you're using, DSD or DSD+, but it appears you use DSD).

You might try running DSD with: dsd.exe -fr -xr -mg

and see what happens. The -fr switch locks DSD into looking for and decoding only DMR/MOTOTRBO traffic, and the -xr switch will tell DSD to expect an inverted signal (in my own experience, every DMR/MOTOTRBO system I've monitored so far - a few dozen - always use negative which shows up as -DMR). Yours is showing +DMR but then again with all the other settings so out of whack (at least that's how they appear to me hence my suggestions above), and again that potential frequency being a bit cause of things going awry) might have something to do with getting nothing. And the last switch there, -mg, locks DSD into decoding only GFSK encoding - a lot of people, myself included, have noted that GFSK seems (and please note I'm saying IT SEEMS) to decode more efficiently and with less errors as well as lower CPU usage with DSD.

Can't hurt to try, right? :D

Might be a great idea to try and verify a given frequency is assigned to such purposes in the first place (DMR/MOTOTRBO).

See if any of that helps... and of course you could be already doing all this, I don't know, so take them all with a grain of salt I suppose.

Last edited:

radiodmr4tw

Maybe one more another question... has anyone find out way to listen DSD output (or captched) on different device, such as android device or another computer?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android 2.3.4; Linux; Opera Mobi/ADR-1309251116) Presto/2.11.355 Version/12.10)

radiodmr4tw said:
Maybe one more another question... has anyone find out way to listen DSD output (or captched) on different device, such as android device or another computer?

Virtual Audio Cable the output to the streaming software of your choice.

racingfan360

There is a sticky thread called DSDPlus about 4 above this one on the RR Forum which includes a download link

Status
Not open for further replies.