new east windsor LTR talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvpiradio

I was hearing a call given out on the police 1 dispatch about a truck fire. The next thing i see on my display is 1-04-087 while in talkgroup search mode. The first thing i hear on it is the alert tones followed by the dispatcher giving the call out to the Broad Brook fire department. The talkgroup number is not listed here in the database. I would submit it but i don't know what the correct description would be for it. I heard this talkgroup used last night also in the same way for a vehicle rollover in town also. My best guess is they added a separate broad brook fd dispatch talkgroup which means the other one here in the database 1-04-81 must be for warehouse point fd only now. Also one other thing has anyone heard anything at all on the 1-04-121 highway department talkgroup? I thought that one used to be 1-04-160.

cvpiradio

Here is an update on that new talkgroup number. I heard a car accident reported in town on the pd dispatch. Then a short time later that new number came up and i heard those alert tones you would hear on those low band conventional fire channels and then the units were dispatched. Again i would like to submit it for the database but i don't know the actual name of the talkgroup.

cvpiradio

I just heard some more activity on 1-04-087 and it is the tolland county mutual aid station (TN) dispatch for both warehouse point and broad brook fire houses. It has the alert tones that are used on the low band and VHF conventional channels. I am submitting it for the database.

Last edited:

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Well, I suppose that would be the "Alert Talkgroup".

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

cvpiradio

Yes i notice that a call first with alert tones comes over the 1-04-087 talkgroup. Then it is rebroadcasted over the 1-04-081 talkgroup without tones. I guess that any firemen that carry portables and or have mobiles with them would monitor the alert talkgroup at all times then change talkgroups accordingly. I just wanted to share my discovery here of a new channel to monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.