New Edmond Trunked FCC License - WRPS710

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
I just came across a new 800 MHz license in the FCC database for the City of Edmond, WRPS710, licensed back in March of this year. The notes say "APPLICANT IS THE CITY OF EDMOND. RADIOS WILL BE USED TO COORDINATE PERSONNEL AND ACTIVITIES". I was wondering if this is possibly a new site for the Metro system or for OKWIN, as the ERP is way too high for anything non-PS related (based on my experience), but the emission designators are 14K0F1D, 14K0F3E and 20K0F9W...not P25.

I have heard Edmond Fire's talkgroup on OKWIN linked to the Metro system several weeks ago for a few hours, but I apparently didn't write down the TGID.

ZGX

With the issues on the state system; i.e. something breaks in Tulsa and we lose all comms here, I was told there was a work around fix in the works. I recommended paying for channels on OKC's system as a back up since the hardware is Phase 2 but was told the same idea with respect to the other trunked system is being explored. So maybe this is part of that...

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
With the issues on the state system; i.e. something breaks in Tulsa and we lose all comms here, I was told there was a work around fix in the works. I recommended paying for channels on OKC's system as a back up since the hardware is Phase 2 but was told the same idea with respect to the other trunked system is being explored. So maybe this is part of that...

We usually fall back on 8CALL when tulsa screws up.
I know OKC wants to expand but they dont want to help pay for any of it. We were asked to go to their system but they refused to assist with any funding even tho we have our own brand new 200ft tower we could offer.....

ZGX

We usually fall back on 8CALL when tulsa screws up.
I know OKC wants to expand but they dont want to help pay for any of it. We were asked to go to their system but they refused to assist with any funding even tho we have our own brand new 200ft tower we could offer.....

I’m not sure if the frequency is specific to this update but just had a backup channel added to my car and handheld for OMACS.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
I’m not sure if the frequency is specific to this update but just had a backup channel added to my car and handheld for OMACS.
What's the channel alias? If you don't want to share it publicly, feel free to PM me and I can try to help you pin down what it is.

I don't think it is related to this license, since this one is for a trunked system, but I've seen a lot of agencies use frequencies outside of what they licensed them for i.e. conventional licenses for trunked systems, trunked licenses for conventional. Heck, even running digital modes on licenses for analog only.

Last edited:

ZGX

What's the channel alias? If you don't want to share it publicly, feel free to PM me and I can try to help you pin down what it is.

I don't think it is related to this license, since this one is for a trunked system, but I've seen a lot of agencies use frequencies outside of what they licensed them for i.e. conventional licenses for trunked systems, trunked licenses for conventional. Heck, even running digital modes on licenses for analog only.

I have no idea. I just know we were all tired of the state system going down and thankfully they found an alternative stand by just in case for safety purposes and they’ve been programming the new channel in lately.