New EMS frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKYNET156

Duplicate account of Tom Sherman
Banned
I am just wondering when the new FDNY EMS frequencies will go in to operation and when are they fading out the old ones? and are these analog?

ManFish

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi Mr. Skynet156, I see by your avatar that you are a NYPD communications division telecommunicator, do you know if there are any positions open & is there a psychological test involved? Thank you for your time.

PS: If you get a chance & are interested, please check out my profile album of law enforcement vehicles.

Manny

SKYNET156

Banned
hey there.

I am in no way shape or form affiliated with any agency in nyc, i just am a buff...and i love the non stop communications and action

D

DaveNF2G

You might try looking at the message threads listed in the forum before you post. There is an extensive thread of reporting on how the changeover is progressing.

SKYNET156

Banned
Well..maybe im dumb or blind, but all i see in the stickies are about the DOITT system which i am not talking about, can anyone point me in the right direction of the original question posted?

SKYNET156

Banned
well if you had read the post i asked about 6.25khz and for some reason my email notifications were turned off...thanks for the link though, it's kinda what i am looking for

auxscan

Hi Mr. Skynet156, I see by your avatar that you are a NYPD communications division telecommunicator, do you know if there are any positions open & is there a psychological test involved? Thank you for your time.

PS: If you get a chance & are interested, please check out my profile album of law enforcement vehicles.

Manny

manny, im guessing you mean radio dispatching.
heres a link to the civilan careers in the NYPD.

the job is posted as "police communication tech"
NYPD - Careers

auxscan

I am just wondering when the new FDNY EMS frequencies will go in to operation and when are they fading out the old ones? and are these analog?

I say give it a couple of months. Its been a while since FDNY went up to UHF and they're VHF frequencies are still active. I believe the old frequencies will fade out once their licences expire. or by 2013.

ManFish

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Thanks for the link auxscan, it is greatly appreciated.

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.