New EMS provider in Midland/Ector Counties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireJustin

So, at work the other day (in Lubbock), I received a postcard from a company setting up shop in Midland/Ector counties. They claim to be calling themselves Ector/Midland Counties EMS. Anyone heard of this operations? I don't know if it'll be another 3rd party transport service like Tac-Med or Carols, or if they're taking some portion of the primary EMS coverage area... With that said, anyone hear how they're going to be communicating?

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure this doesn't help, but I could have sworn I heard talk about Heart of Texas EMS opening a location in the Midland/Odessa area.

FireJustin

After going back to the postcard, it shows that Ector/Midland Counties EMS will be owned by Acute Medical Services, out of Humble Texas. http://acutemedical.co

It doesn't look like they're any way affiliated with Heart of Texas EMS

Wes

Premium Subscriber
Acute Medical Services uses all sorts of regional sounding names. Harris County EMS, DFW EMS, and a couple of others.

Acute Medical Services is based in Houston. They do business as different names based on the regions they are in. There's Harris County EMS, Texoma EMS, DFW EMS, Ector County EMS, Jefferson County EMS. They'll be opening up in East Texas soon, I think East Tex EMS will be the name when they do that. And there's an effort underway to open up in Denver, CO as well. As far as I know, Jefferson County & Texoma are the only regions with 911 response and in both cases it's back up only. Jefferson County gets a lot of Beaumont EMS overflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.