New EMT here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
I have tried to get off my "high-horse" but I keep stepping in horse cr*p like EFJ.......

Time line - I am thinking mid 1980's to early 1990's, our county school system added radios to their fleet of school buses. E.F. Johnson, and they litterly.....If i recall correctly, was the lowest bidder, From a county predominately Motorola, with Kenwood a very - very close second.

E.F. Johnson radios......from what I witnessed, were junk. The cases were grey colored and cheap, like some kind of bendable plastic.

Audio was troublesome. And you could not talk very well with them.

FF - Medic !!!

johndrella

Premium Subscriber
So basically I just need help programming to i can Tx. I used everything listed in the databse...maybe the tx Pl are different ? I need those

WB4CS

So basically I just need help programming to i can Tx. I used everything listed in the databse...maybe the tx Pl are different ? I need those

Your best bet for finding the correct frequency (input/output) and PL tone is to contact the person responsible for the radio system you use at work. There should be a radio tech, system admin, or radio shop that programs, repairs, and maintains your work radios. They will be able to provide the correct information and verify that the radio is correctly programmed. If they don't have an issue with you using your own personal radio, they should be able to assist you with the programming.

Your job is one that people's lives depend on. Your radio is a tool that helps you to save people's lives. Don't get caught in a life or death situation with the wrong tool or a tool that's not set up correctly. It's good that you want to do it on your own and I encourage learning how things work, but when dealing with public safety radio systems, the correct answer is to always go to the person that is responsible for your radio system.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
Many systems use something called "split tone." This is where the transmit and receive PL (CTCSS) tones are different. RadioReference is a scanning site, and as such, does not publish the transmit tones needed to get into these systems.

As others have said, a radio tech familiar with the system should be able to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.