New Fairfield, CT - New grant reduces cost of New Fairfield radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepdx

Officials learned this month that the town will receive a $579,210 federal grant that, combined with a $250,000 state grant that was awarded last year, will reduce taxpayers' share of the project, originally estimated to cost $1.2 million, to approximately $371,000.

How can taxpayers be so god-awful dense to believe grants from other
public entities reduce their share of of the cost of public projects?

Where do they think this grant money comes from -
a rich uncle with deep pockets who lives in the District
or a wealthy friend in the state capital?

It comes right out of their own pockets, too.

Last edited:

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Thats interesting that according to the article they are actually going to wind up going with Marcus communications. I guess the guys at Marcus got there way. Does anyone know what type of system Marcus is going to install? I wonder if they are going to use Tait equipment.

CT22

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hopefully its not there ****ty LTR stuff. Marcus is famous for putting public safety agencies on business frequencies and then recycling the municipalities frequencies in there LTR system lineup. Basically no matter what Marcus wins because they get more spectrum for there business interests and they sell you equipment. The towns lose if they get swindled into using LTR and lose interoperability with their mutual aid.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Hopefully its not there ****ty LTR stuff. Marcus is famous for putting public safety agencies on business frequencies and then recycling the municipalities frequencies in there LTR system lineup. Basically no matter what Marcus wins because they get more spectrum for there business interests and they sell you equipment. The towns lose if they get swindled into using LTR and lose interoperability with their mutual aid.

Can only hope that the system is done right. I was looking in the database and it looks like most of the LTR systems in Connecticut are maintained and installed by Marcus communications. I noticed that East Windsor has an LTR system and wonder how that works out for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.