New FD Dispatch for San Joaquin County

Status
Not open for further replies.

N5FDL

A usually-reliable source tells me that in +/- March, the current Control 3 will become a countywide fire dispatch channel in San Joaquin County. That is, all the agencies presently dispatched on Control 1, plus Tracy (lucky us!) will be dispatched on Control 3 or whatever they end up calling it.

This will reduce congestion on Control 1, which is good, but will require apparatus to monitor the new dispatch channel whenever they are out-of-the-house (AOR) and not on a run. I am thinking that may not last and units will monitor their CAD terminals and their response channel rather than the busy dispatch channel. Of course, it won't be much busier than Control 1 is now, BUT if you are listening to it you won't here the responses.

One benefit of this may be reducing dispatch errors, as after the change only one Lifecom dispatcher will be responsible for toning out the runs. If they choose to do it that way. (Tracy still won't be transmitting tones except for the Batt Chief and AMR units as the stations are digitally "toned" over the Internet).

This, of course, will not impact Manteca FD (dispatched by Stockton), Stockton, or Lodi (which I think is dispatched by LPD).

Just a heads-up.

kma371

QRT
Can you enlighten us on the freq for "Control 3?"

It's not in the DB or listed on your website.

A usually-reliable source tells me that in +/- March, the current Control 3 will become a countywide fire dispatch channel in San Joaquin County. That is, all the agencies presently dispatched on Control 1, plus Tracy (lucky us!) will be dispatched on Control 3 or whatever they end up calling it.

This will reduce congestion on Control 1, which is good, but will require apparatus to monitor the new dispatch channel whenever they are out-of-the-house (AOR) and not on a run. I am thinking that may not last and units will monitor their CAD terminals and their response channel rather than the busy dispatch channel. Of course, it won't be much busier than Control 1 is now, BUT if you are listening to it you won't here the responses.

One benefit of this may be reducing dispatch errors, as after the change only one Lifecom dispatcher will be responsible for toning out the runs. If they choose to do it that way. (Tracy still won't be transmitting tones except for the Batt Chief and AMR units as the stations are digitally "toned" over the Internet).

This, of course, will not impact Manteca FD (dispatched by Stockton), Stockton, or Lodi (which I think is dispatched by LPD).

Just a heads-up.

scanstockton

I have heard that Stockton Fire will be Digital this summer

I have spoken with some people who I know that work at the Stockton Fire Department and they have told me that Stockton Fire will follow Stockton Police and will be digital by this summer 2011. Stockton Fire was the first agency in Stockton to test digital communications out in 2005 and sometime after. They have most of the equipment in place to make a transition to digital within the near future. They have upgraded their towers, and from what was told to me the only thing that is holding the full transition is the fact that all portables need to be switched to digital, the rig radios, and other communications equipment that the Fire department uses. As well it is my understanding that the portables that Stockton is using now can have the software updated and are capable of receiving and transmitting over digital frequencies and analog as well.

I think one of the main reason that it makes so much sense for the fire department to switch over to digital is because of the fact that Stockton Police is now operating on all digital frequencies; When the city was working on the Police department, at the same time they were also putting things in place for the eventual transition of the Fire Department; So everything is ready really, I think it is just a matter of training all the front line personnel on the new communications, and as well the ECD staff on the new technology.

Just as with Stockton Police's transition, it will take time for all the Fire fighters and the dispatch to get used to the new digital communications.

The San Joaquin County Sheriffs I am for certain sometime this summer will be making the transition to digital. The new tower that needed to be built at the Jail has been completed and right now SO has the ability to transmit and receive transmissions if they break into Stockton's Communications and speak to dispatch or coordinate radio traffic when both agencies are working in the field on calls. I believe that the SO will be the next to fully transition and then Stockton Fire will follow almost certainly before the end of the summer 2011.

kma371

QRT
Stockton PD has the ability to be analog and digital. That's how the SO can still talk to them. They can receive the digital but transmit back in analog.

No new towers at the jail I'm aware of. The existing tower probably had modifications.

The Sheriff plan is digital SOMETIME this year. I've heard summer too, but I dont think it will happen. And the plan is FULL encryption. Yup. FULL.

The San Joaquin County Sheriffs I am for certain sometime this summer will be making the transition to digital. The new tower that needed to be built at the Jail has been completed and right now SO has the ability to transmit and receive transmissions if they break into Stockton's Communications and speak to dispatch or coordinate radio traffic when both agencies are working in the field on calls. I believe that the SO will be the next to fully transition and then Stockton Fire will follow almost certainly before the end of the summer 2011.

scanstockton

I feel your giving misinformation without even doing your homework

If you read through the board meeting notes and look at the budget and you can even call the PIO officer and yes there was a new tower built at the San Joaquin County Jail for the migration to digital. If you do your research you will find the same information I posted. I am not trying to make this a contest that I have friends and they know more but the Officers I know at the Sheriffs department know what they are talking about. So I feel some of your information is in fact misinformation. If we cannot agree on everything we should at least be able to agree on this; It is inevitable that the Sheriffs department will in the near future be migrating to digital.

I respect your opinion but when you comment and do not take the time do back your statements up then I feel it is a waste of everyones time, but the information your disputing is correct information. You can read the information and see in black and white.

Now I understand that the idea was that Stockton PD was supposed to have the availability for other agencies to be able to still communicate with them. I know for a fact that SUSD PD can no longer communicate with Stockton PD, Port Police, the Rail Road Police. The Sheriffs Office has digital radios and portables already, they have been using them to test and using the same method Stockton PD did before they went digital--seamless communications with no interruptions; The SO can also still dispatch while Delta Wireless configures the communications for the step towards digital. Call Delta Wireless and ask them, and they will tell you or give you some information, it may not be very detailed but it is enough to understand that the migration to digital is already in progress and will be implemented in Summer.

Now if what I read, and who I have spoken to; turns out to be incorrect I will be the first to apologize for my misinformation. Before your so sure, I am wrong, take some time to make sure that you are right. Sometimes if not you make an a** of me and you.

I know what I said is correct.

scanstockton

Also in the board of supervisor minutes it discusses encryption, but the way I understood it, it was not cost effective, and therefore this was not something that was imperative or going to happen right away.

kma371

QRT
I sent you a PM, I can't post information regarding this topic, trust me you are misinformed.

scanstockton

Thanks for taking the time to PM me, however I want everyone to know that all the information we are talking about here is public information and has already been on the net. There is a bid that was approved by the Board of Supervisors that outlines the whole migration, and the Phases, it goes on to explain at some point the county will be on a trunking system, and each agency will contribute towards the project. It even sets the monetary amount that each agency will be responsible to pay.

I also filed a request pursuant to the California Public Records Act from the Sheriffs Office. Why would I do this, because I can and that is what the legislation was put in place. I have found over thirty differnt documents from Congress, Department of Homeland Security, and in those documents each agency has to make a presentation, and of course the Sheriffs department was one of the agencies that was approved and submitted for a grant to pay for this. However each City like Lodi, the City Council and most Recently the Fire Chief presented information about the whole project so my point is this, what I have read I will not bow down and say that I did not read something I did, the PIO Officer gave me information about this topic, now anything that I was told by friends or individuals then I am wiling to say maybe it was incorrect, but all of you on here are smart look and you will see and then we can all find something else to assert we are right about, and go back in forth over.

kma371

QRT
You seem to be taking this a little personal. The only reason I didn't post info on the forum because it was personal info about me.

No one is calling you a liar. You have some info. Great. Congratulations. The info I disputed was the "new" tower which isn't there and hasn't been built.

Thanks for taking the time to PM me, however I want everyone to know that all the information we are talking about here is public information and has already been on the net. There is a bid that was approved by the Board of Supervisors that outlines the whole migration, and the Phases, it goes on to explain at some point the county will be on a trunking system, and each agency will contribute towards the project. It even sets the monetary amount that each agency will be responsible to pay.

I also filed a request pursuant to the California Public Records Act from the Sheriffs Office. Why would I do this, because I can and that is what the legislation was put in place. I have found over thirty differnt documents from Congress, Department of Homeland Security, and in those documents each agency has to make a presentation, and of course the Sheriffs department was one of the agencies that was approved and submitted for a grant to pay for this. However each City like Lodi, the City Council and most Recently the Fire Chief presented information about the whole project so my point is this, what I have read I will not bow down and say that I did not read something I did, the PIO Officer gave me information about this topic, now anything that I was told by friends or individuals then I am wiling to say maybe it was incorrect, but all of you on here are smart look and you will see and then we can all find something else to assert we are right about, and go back in forth over.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I'm going to back up kma371 here. There's certainly no new tower at the dispatch center. I can go by and take a photo tomorrow if it really needs to be proven. You have the main tower that you can see for miles and then the water tank, which has one single omni antenna on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.