New FDNY Dodge Ambulance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQUAD109

Premium Subscriber
could this be a movie prop? because the leds on the grill & rest of the ambulance really don't match any of the fdny ems buses...hmm

Bushwack

L.A. city Fire has incorporated this chassis into their fleet the past few months. They are slowly replacing the Econolines (which have terrible workmanship).

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Not gonna lie but the Dodges do look badass. Does any one know if they are diesel or gasoline?

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I didn't think of looking at the wheels and lugs :smacks head:

coolrich55

I have a question. While in the city over the weekend I noticed that on one of the fdny trucks all the warning lights were led. That's the first I've seen that I think. It seemed on most of the trucks the front lights that are set at an angle were a combination of rotator and led. Am I wrong?

fdnyradio

Premium Subscriber
Ok in response to question posed.....The New FDNY Ambulances that are being deployed into the field are 2011 model 4500 Dodge Ram Chassis' with the Diesel Motor built by Horton Ambulance that the city has had for over a year now but they are finally getting out into the field due to a technical glitch they had to resolve. They are new front line units, definatly not movie props athough they are much different from the Ford ambulances the city has bought for the last 8 years or so. And in response to Coolguy.....All of the new FDNY Fire Apparatus have Federal Signal Bars in a 3 Bar Setup.....The Driver Side Bar has a Red Halogen Rotator on the outside and the Solaris LEDS on the Inside....The Center Bar is All Solaris LEDS and The Officer Side Bar has the Halogen Rotator towards the outside and Solaris Leds on the Inside....The Led Sections are split up between Red and White....The bars are set on the roof with the Outside bars at a 45 degree angle to the front of the truck and the center bar mounted normal. The White sections are only activated when the Parking Brake is released so that when parked on scene you are not being blinded by white light.

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
Wheeled Coach, not Horton.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.