New FDNY talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nawton

I'm hearing FDNY activity on DOITT UHF talkgroups 4512 and 4544. Usage sounds similar to that on the FDNY "Special events" talkgroups, i.e., fireground-type communications. Does anyone have any info on these? Are there any other new tg's?

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
I heard fire ground chatter last week on 4544. Also heard fire training on 4496. There must be some expansion of the FDNY use of the system. Some one in the know will let us know.

N2SCV

Premium Subscriber
I heard fire ground chatter last week on 4544. Also heard fire training on 4496. There must be some expansion of the FDNY use of the system. Some one in the know will let us know.

TG 4496 now active at MN Box 137 2nd alarm as a Fireground

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
So far we have: 4496, 4512, 4528, 4544, and 4592 reported as having fire ground traffic. I also noticed that all the traffic on these TGs has uses the same UID for the duration of the event.. Example: i43768 and i43936. In the past I've heard fire ground traffic on special event TGs: 4880 and 4896. Since these other TGs started to be heard, I haven't heard any traffic on them.

ff026

Feed Provider
Maybe they will figure out that trunking isn't that bad after all!

Fireground should never be on trunking. Fwfdengine2 what this thread is referring to is the rebroadcast of fireground simplex transmissions over the T-Band trunking system.

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
Those should be new division patches for fire ground. One per division , dedicated to the vehicle.
Please post which division or incident you heard on the talk groups.

I have the following

4496 division 1
4592 division 13

n2nov

Those should be new division patches for fire ground. One per division , dedicated to the vehicle.
Please post which division or incident you heard on the talk groups.

I have the following

4496 division 1
4592 division 13

There seem to be some missing TGs if there is to be one per division. Also, what is the criteria for the patch to be put into service?

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
Funny it works in most other places. I guess the FDNY buffs don't approve? or is it your expert knowledge that brings this quote?

No, but it is my expert knowledge. NYC is not most other places, lets end this now.
Here is the complete list, we can close this thread.

4496 division 1
4512 Division 3
4528 Division 6
4544 Division 7
4560 Division 8
4576 Division 11
4592 division 13
4608 Division 14
4624 Division 15

ff026

Feed Provider
Funny it works in most other places. I guess the FDNY buffs don't approve? or is it your expert knowledge that brings this quote?

Just because it is done in most other places does not mean it is a good practice!

Since you like to put your 2 cents in, let me ask you this: have you ever been in a burning building wearing full gear, SCBA humping a line or carrying tools or venting, pulling ceilings.

The last thing you wanna be doing while doing that is waiting for a TPT from a trunking radio.
It's hard enough to hear over the ambient noise of operating inside a burning building talking to the people you are working with let alone over a radio!

As someone who has done all those things and who has also has been in charge of a fireground the beat type of radio to use is SIMPLEX ANALOG.

End of discussion.

SCPD

QRT
I'd imagine the units on ground are using a simplex channel and it is then re broadcasted to the system for various reasons with others being able to key back to them vice versa but they are on a solid simplex themself.

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
If you are seeing the UIDs, you will notice that all comm's on that TG have the same UID. My question is are the receive sites patching the simplex fire ground to the TRS for that division or is the Mobil Communications unit on the scene doing it?

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
It is the division car working as a mobile repeater, so UID is the car radio.
Simplex fire ground has not changed only the way they are doing the patches,
Each division , instead of the event patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.