New Fed TRS find?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
I suspect a VA hospital if it follows the other license. Chester co /Delaware state based on signal strength.

Last edited:

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Guess I'll have to go for a drive tomorrow evening to ID the TX site. Some voice traffic on 10120 from "Control" but nothing identifying thus far.

ecps92

Last edited:

Audiodave1

Database Admin
If I recall from a previous thread, and/or ChrisP from Spectrum Monitor, this a "Motorola Rental/Lease" system, for FEDS
Saves $$ of them building out their own network - Good Find

Some users known on these systems are the VA, CDC and thought to be other DHHS entities

CP and I chatted, You are correct on all accounts. I will update the DB once I confirm who I think it is. (VA Hospital Coatsville Pa)

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I can't hear the system from northern Delaware right now, but would be interested if the site everyone is hearing shows being connected to any other 3CD system sites. In some cases the agencies have the sites networked, and others do not.

- Chris

Audiodave1

Database Admin
I can't hear the system from northern Delaware right now, but would be interested if the site everyone is hearing shows being connected to any other 3CD system sites. In some cases the agencies have the sites networked, and others do not.

- Chris
No peers showing at this time. Not a really busy system besides maint and Sec groups.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Dave. I suspect that many of the federal agencies that utilize this Motorola managed core are smaller with less requirements for airtime than larger agencies or large federal facilities.

- Chris

Tom409

Premium Subscriber
I’m a retired electrical maintenance at the Coatesville VAMC and carried around a walkie-talkie radio for doing my job. I noticed they had changed their frequencies for fire, police, and maintenance at the facility. I believe they went up to the 170 MHz band.

u2brent

OAMPT
And according to the map the site covers western in China. :ROFLMAO:
1598550768871.png
FYI, The two new Departments need corrected as well.. They both show up in Orlando..

Last edited:

Tom409

Premium Subscriber
When I started working at the Coatesville VAMC back in 1978 our radio frequency was 168.525 for fire, police, and engineering maintenance. Later each department had their own radio frequency channel and a frequency for the pager system.

Tom409

Premium Subscriber
I knew sooner or later that the day was coming when the Coatesville VAMC will upgrade their radio system because of a lot of user traffic, and even when I was working up there maintaining the electrical system 5 years ago it was busy. That is a large facility complex with over 42+ main buildings on acres of land.

Tom409

Premium Subscriber
Been monitoring the new Coatesville VAMC radio system and it’s a big improvement over the old radio system we had when I worked there. They’re still ironing out the bugs in the system.
I live very close to the VA hospital which Is located on top of the hill a little over a mile from my house.

Last edited:

Audiodave1

Database Admin
The signal reaches amazingly far. I'm on the DE/PA state line and I can get it on a handheld outside. Radio techs were there last Thursday trying to get the call boxes working. Lots of TG's not Id'ed yet aside from those posted.

Tom409

Premium Subscriber
Speaking of the call boxes, they were a pain when they shared the same frequency as engineering maintenance and walked over our transmissions. Back then we shared the same frequency with transportation and EMS. Looks like a big improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.