New Federal Gov't P25 systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
if anyone has read my post on the VA forum, you will know I as well as a few others have found some new P25 systems in Northern VA. I also saw a new post today of a new P25 system for Shenandoah National Park in VA.

here in Berkeley Co, I can get a few systems as well. close to Berkeley Co is a few facilities that may be moving to new systems as well (just a guess). in Martinsburg there is the VA hospital and the IRS building. in Charles Town, there is Harper's Ferry National Historical Park. Mount Weather in Clark Co. that has FEMA who falls under DHS now. there are plans to have a FBI building built near Winchester. and I learned yeaterday of a small FEMA office in Winchester. there is a USGS building in Jefferson Co WV. there are also a bunch of others I hadn't listed in the area. also, in a federal emergency in DC where the capitol is evacuated, there will be a flood of people coming this direction.

maybe some of you in the area may want to search the bands for new systems. who knows what we'll find. I have been searching 160-174MHz and 380-420MHz. if my seach limits are off or I need to add some, let me know.

so far within about 30mins today I have found the following:

173.6750 P25 (Shenandoah National Park)
171.7000 P25 (Shenandoah National Park)
387.3750 P25 CC
385.7125 P25 CC
409.0500 analg voice
408.5250 noise, may be data
170.0500 mic keyed analog

n3bxv

The 380 mhz systems are (almost) certainly DOD as they "own" that part of the spectrum and are moving their Land Mobile Systems there for just that reason...

The National Capitol Region system includes sites at Fort Detrick and Site R. AND the "Germantown RF Site" according to the MA/Com Press releases..

n3bxv

mike_s104 said:
this was posted this on the VA forum, but I am receiving it here in Berkeley Co. too
387.675MHz
SID 0001h-0909

Ok, I pulled this one up here in Anne Arundel. It's very weak, but Pro-96 and Pro96com return a WACN of 1B5C8, which has already been Id'ed in the RR Database. The Adjacent Site Information all appears to match as well...

http://radioreference.com/modules.php?name=TRSDB&sid=3946

Edit to ask - Do the Unidens show a WACN ?

Last edited:

n3bxv

To quote another thread --"WACN identifies the entire wide area system, the SYS ID identifies the specific transmitter site"

FYI - there's a lot of good information in the National Capitol Region Land Mobile Radio System thread on the Maryland Forum, including an explanation of how the WACN breaks out to a "callsign", in the Case of 1B5C8, it breaks out to "DOD"

ericcarlson

Database Admin
n3bxv said:
Ok, I pulled this one up here in Anne Arundel. It's very weak, but Pro-96 and Pro96com return a WACN of 1B5C8, which has already been Id'ed in the RR Database. The Adjacent Site Information all appears to match as well...

http://radioreference.com/modules.php?name=TRSDB&sid=3946

It seems this is one system, so I've merged these together into a single DOD system. Keep those reports coming. It would be great to see some more Pro96com dumps to confirm what we're seeing reported from Uniden users.

-Eric

n3bxv

Eric,
I think that this is at least two systems, the WACN 580A0 "NCR" System which according to the press releases is being used by the Joint National Capitol Region Military Elements and the WACN 1B5C8 "DOD" System.

The Key to sorting them out is to get WACNs for each control Channel and a dump of "Adjacent Sites" from Pro96Com for each.

Here at Meade, the two systems don't show up as "adjacent" in Pro96com even with their physical proximity...

ericcarlson

Database Admin
n3bxv said:
Eric,
I think that this is at least two systems, the WACN 580A0 "NCR" System which according to the press releases is being used by the Joint National Capitol Region Military Elements and the WACN 1B5C8 "DOD" System.

The Key to sorting them out is to get WACNs for each control Channel and a dump of "Adjacent Sites" from Pro96Com for each.

Here at Meade, the two systems don't show up as "adjacent" in Pro96com even with their physical proximity...

Yes, I agree -- I was referring to the previous separation of the NSA system from the other DOD systems in the RR Database. There does appear to be at least two large systems, the DOD system and the Joint NCR system.

-Eric

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.