New Federal P25 UHF

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Caught a single site P25 control channel on 410.225 this morning while heading to the daytime job in Boulder county.

Since the signal disappears the moment I'm inside the building it's a good bet that the site is NOT in Boulder. Unfortunately I do not have the ability to log the system at work and there's no signal at home in Greeley.

You guys know what to do with pro96com. If it's not on the 410.225 freq search the 406 to 412 MHz range for it.

scanlist

Database only shows a CC. No tables or any other data. This is the first time I've actually had a radio stop on the frequency during a band search so I'm thinking this site has been off the air for awhile.

An opportunity exists for anyone able to log this.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
It's a pretty quiet system and strongest in the area of the NOAA/NIST facilities on Broadway. And no need to add P25 frequency tables since most scanners for are using the 'P25 Auto'-like settings to read them off the control channel.

FileVersion:5
-TowerInfo
#This section is here for information only. With the exception
#of the Call Sign(s), This data is not Read back into the program at all.
System ID : AD5
System Name :
WACN : BEE07
Tower Number (Decimal): 302
Tower Number (Hex) : T0302
Tower Description : (null)
Control Capabilities : Voice,Registration
Call Sign(s) :
Timestamp : Tue May 18 08:32:36 2010

-Tables
#Format: Table ID,Base Freq,Spacing,Input Offset,Assumed/Confirmed,BandWidth
00,400.00000,0.01250,9.00000,"Confirmed",0.01250
01,400.00000,0.01250,9.00000,"Confirmed",0.01250

-Frequencies
#Format: Channel,Usage,Frequency,Input Frequency,Hit Count
"00-0818","c",410.22500,419.22500,0

Last edited:

scanlist

And no need to add P25 frequency tables since most scanners for are using the 'P25 Auto'-like settings to read them off the control channel.

True for all the current scanners though the PRO96/2097 needs them for VHF/UHF. Found that is the case for Wyolink.

Thanks for the pro96com log information. The table info is useful for setting it up on a PRO-96 though it's a good bet that anything on it will be ENC.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
I logged all kinds of stuff on this system when our leader of irrational exuberance was campaigning... Some half enc. :twisted:

Denver Area Federal / Military Trunking System, Aurora, Colorado - Scanner Frequencies

Why is it a PITA to find the unknown fed listing in the database?? I mean, Unknown Federal should be under Federal. Otherwise your having to browse counties - spans of counties! I feel the former method would help obtain results. Of course, prepare for letters of C & D too. :lol:

Last edited:

greenthumb

Database Admin
Why is it a PITA to find the unknown fed listing in the database?? I mean, Unknown Federal should be under Federal. Otherwise your having to browse counties - spans of counties! I feel the former method would help obtain results. Of course, prepare for letters of C & D too. :lol:

PITA? It's literally three clicks of the mouse from the home page of this site. From RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

1) Hover over 'Database' and click on 'Database Home'
2) When the clickable map appears, click on Colorado
3) When the Colorado page appears, click on 'Trunked Systems' and the entire list appears, including the Federal P25 system we are referencing in this thread.

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
1) Hover over 'Database' and click on 'Database Home'
2) When the clickable map appears, click on Colorado
3) When the Colorado page appears, click on 'Trunked Systems' and the entire list appears, including the Federal P25 system we are referencing in this thread.

Step 3 takes me to: Colorado Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

which has a listing for Areawide Trunked Systems. The only system listed is DTRS.

Are you looking at something different?

dond943

Trunked Systems

In the upper left hand corner there is a list, the fourth item down is Trunked Systems, I believe that is what is being refer to.

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
In the upper left hand corner there is a list, the fourth item down is Trunked Systems, I believe that is what is being refer to.

OK. It's there.
That list area is not someplace I'm used to using in the years I've been on RR.
Learned something today.
Now I can go home.

greenthumb

Database Admin
lol, and actually before RadioReference.com, this site was TrunkedRadio.net and the list you see on that page of the trunked systems looks much the same today as it did back then, except at the time that's all there was! Just for a little tidbit of history :)

Last edited:

greenthumb

Database Admin
No. If your head hurts, you can go off and read a different thread :)

scanlist

An engineering type at the daytime job mentioned the AD5 UHF site has ties to NIST.

Based on the instant signal disappearing act inside our building it's either low power or highly directional.

Status
Not open for further replies.