New feed coming for Hillsborough County Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

miccona

Starting friday 1-31 i will be providing a feed monitoring the Hillsborough County Fire rescue as well as Hillsborough County Sheriff no one is currently streaming these channels and they are very active hope to get many listeners when i go live on friday.

miccona

The number of listeners to the new feed has been great i didnt expect this many people would be listening but thanks everyone who is checking it out :)

DUI813

Hello, This is my first post here. I joined because I'd like to listen to your stream. Where can I find it?

DUI813

Thanks guys. Miccona I am just getting started with scanners. Is it pretty difficult to set up a scanner to pick up HCSO, Fire, and TPD? I've read posts that say they scramble the channels.

I'd like to get something set up but I can't find any shops for scanners in the area.

Would you be able to help me out?

Sorry to change the subject on your thread but I don't have an option to PM you.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
For HCSO talk groups d 1, d 2 , d 3, d 4 dispatch and info are able to be listen to. Tac channels are encrypted same with SES.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk Pro like a boss!

DUI813

Thanks for the feedback N4CYA. Can you recommend a vehicle mounted budget scanner/antenna combo that would work well enough to pick up the talk groups you mentioned?

Side Note: Do I need to have a certain number of posts before I can send PM's?

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Thanks for the feedback N4CYA. Can you recommend a vehicle mounted budget scanner/antenna combo that would work well enough to pick up the talk groups you mentioned?

Side Note: Do I need to have a certain number of posts before I can send PM's?

Depends on your budget for a scanner and antenna to be honest cause some of the areas are analog and digital of that being said HCSO has a P25 digital system that just came in line awhile back but its not in use. So you will need a analog/digital capable scanner that will work for both EDAC's analog & P25 digital. For my setup for the truck is a Uniden BCD536HP and I use a R/S 800mhz back of set antenna and it works great for HCSO EDAC's system I live in D2 area and I can pick up really great signal from the towers they use. I'm more in to Military/Federal type scanning but at times when I am travel I'll listen to the Public Safety frequencies to see what is being said in the area's I am traveling to.

For home use I use the same scanner I use for the mobile with a Indoor 700/800 MHz Yagi televage Directional Yagi Antenna with Desktop Stand with 13dbi gain. I am able to pick up anything such as Public Safety, Federal & Military with no problems what's so ever.

DUI813

Okay great. That's the one I was looking at on Amazon, the BCD536HP. It's a bit more than I wanted to spend on my 1st scanner but I suppose its worth it if I know it will work. How difficult was it to program? Is it really as simple as putting in your zipcode?

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Okay great. That's the one I was looking at on Amazon, the BCD536HP. It's a bit more than I wanted to spend on my 1st scanner but I suppose its worth it if I know it will work. How difficult was it to program? Is it really as simple as putting in your zipcode?

It's easy to program it took me a few minutes to learn how to program using Uniden's Sentinel programming software just make sure when you start to program the Uniden BCD536HP if you decide to buy the scanner to have the quick keys turned and also turn on services of what you want to listen to under edit profile if you don't do this you won't be able to listen to anything you have under saved favorites.

mitbr

Starting friday 1-31 i will be providing a feed monitoring the Hillsborough County Fire rescue as well as Hillsborough County Sheriff no one is currently streaming these channels and they are very active hope to get many listeners when i go live on friday.

Thanks for providing this feed.it sounds great !
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.