New Feed, GJT and DEN aircraft from Grand Junction

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0nhp

I have just been approved to feed the airband traffic in and around Mesa County.
There seems to be quite a bit of interest as my Global Tuners ICR-1000 seems to be monitoring airband about 50% of the time.
Let me know what you think of the feed and how I can improve it.

Mesa County, Colorado (CO) Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com

Also have the feed available on ProScan: mesacountyscanner.no-ip.info:5004

Bruce

Last edited:
Seperate feeds??

Awesome not putting them in the same feed.

The public safety feed is great. I listen to that frequently.

Have kinda been interested in air and now I might listen in more.

Last edited:

jlinko

Premium Subscriber
Nice feed, Bruce.

Being interested in air medical ops, I was wondering if you would consider adding 123.025, which is what airmed pilots typically use to announce their location or coordinate with other pilots, and 122.60 for VFR flight plan filing etc.

Thanks.

John MNN-009 N3RTS
Grand Junction

n0nhp

They are in.

I am always open to suggestion, not being an airband listener, I am not real sure what should be in the scanner.
I did remove the SLC center freqs as the scanner was just too busy and I found it hard to try to keep track of what was happening.

Is the channel delay long enough or should I bump it a bit for replies? Is it too long and are we missing traffic?
I try to listen occasionally but mainly have the Public safety and HF utility audio up so don't have a good idea what is going on on the air scanner.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

Bruce

Warbirdhunter

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Bruce did your feed catch anything on yesterdays crash?

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Bruce did your feed catch anything on yesterdays crash?

Grand Junction is more than a hop and a skip away from Boulder... And what would you expect to "catch?"

n0nhp

I am afraid there is too much cumulo-granitus between Grand Junction and Boulder to get any radio waves through.
So the answer would be no.

Bruce

Warbirdhunter

n0nhp said:
I am afraid there is too much cumulo-granitus between Grand Junction and Boulder to get any radio waves through.
So the answer would be no.

Bruce

My error I thought you said Denver center was covered. Forgive me!

n0nhp

Denver center covers Approach and Departure for all of Colorado smaller airports. They also control all the high altitude aircraft.
The accident yesterday was low-level, Visual Flight Rule area or (and I have not seen anything to indicate this) Class D airspace around the Boulder airport.
We don't mean to jump on you, it is sometimes hard to visualize how the radio systems work.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.