New Feed Online - Wauconda

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Hi all . . . I have a new feed online . . . Wauconda PD and Quad 3 Fire:

Wauconda Police and Quad 3 Fire

Here's a pic of the setup . . . Lacrosse WS-2310 weather station, PRO-197 (Wauconda PD on Starcom), FT-8000R (Quad 3 Fire), Supersonic SC-602 800 MHz TV antenna for Starcom), Dell monitor for weather station and Radio Feed.

Attachments

• IMG_0515 small.jpg
    IMG_0515 small.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 300
Hi all . . . I have a new feed online . . . Wauconda PD and Quad 3 Fire:

Wauconda Police and Quad 3 Fire

Here's a pic of the setup . . . Lacrosse WS-2310 weather station, PRO-197 (Wauconda PD on Starcom), FT-8000R (Quad 3 Fire), Supersonic SC-602 800 MHz TV antenna for Starcom), Dell monitor for weather station and Radio Feed.

Feed sounds good. Nice set up. Where did you get the TV antenna?

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Anthony!

It's interesting that even though the digital PD side and the analog Fire side read the same on the PPM meter, the Fire side "sounds" louder.

I found the antenna here: http://forums.radioreference.com/in.../267111-supersonic-sc-602-800mhz-antenna.html

I have it aimed towards the Lake Zurich tower, and with the attenuator ON, I have a rock solid five bar signal, hopefully eliminating the simulcast grunge from the Fox Lake tower behind me. Seems to work; most times when I hear the dreaded digitized breakup, the officer or the dispatcher will call for a repeat 'cause the other is broken up.

Thanks Anthony!

It's interesting that even though the digital PD side and the analog Fire side read the same on the PPM meter, the Fire side "sounds" louder.

I found the antenna here: http://forums.radioreference.com/in.../267111-supersonic-sc-602-800mhz-antenna.html

I have it aimed towards the Lake Zurich tower, and with the attenuator ON, I have a rock solid five bar signal, hopefully eliminating the simulcast grunge from the Fox Lake tower behind me. Seems to work; most times when I hear the dreaded digitized breakup, the officer or the dispatcher will call for a repeat 'cause the other is broken up.

Your welcome :). Did you mean the Lake County Simulcast tower because I couldnt find it on Starcom21:confused:.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
N9JCQ, no, I think that's a Lake County Sheriff's system tower. The Starcom tower is near Gilmer and Midlothian, actually in Hawthorn Woods.

N9JIG

Sheriff
There is a whole forest of towers in Hawthorn Woods, there is a ridge there that works real well for them. Tons of paging, business, cell and LMR stuff. The state has 2 or 3 towers there, with IDOT, SC21 and others.

Years ago when they started putting these towers up the area was just farmland and forests but it is all getting built up and the neighbors are screaming. This also explains why they are described as Lake Zurich, Hawthorn Woods was nowhere near there if it even existed when these towers were built.

scraech

I just hope your are only submitting 2451, 2452, and 2455. Please leave out 2453, and 2454. They are encryption capable and I would hate to see them fully encrypt. I'm a hobby listener too and would hate to loose them all together.

scraech

It's faster than some feeds there's a 16 second delay from actual transmission from your rebroadcast. :)

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Yep . . . ONLY 2451, main dispatch channel.

I just hope your are only submitting 2451, 2452, and 2455. Please leave out 2453, and 2454. They are encryption capable and I would hate to see them fully encrypt. I'm a hobby listener too and would hate to loose them all together.

scraech

Cool Beans. Also there is still no word on who will be taking over their dispatching yet. Well from what I can find online anyways. Question when listing to your feed I can hear a alert when they key up?

Last edited:

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Right, no word on dispatching. The initial thought was to outsource to Lake Zurich . . . but lately after further review of the financials, the Village Administrator said outsourcing might not be that attractive after all. So, that topic is on the back burner while we work on getting Lake Michigan water into the village.

As for the alert you hear . . . it's not of my doing. That's the "OK to transmit" tone from the dispatch console . . . for some reason the console keys up before the tone ends. I hear it live on my scanners too. Ha, except right now . . . been listening to the feed at work for a half-hour and do not hear the beeps!

Cool Beans. Also there is still no word on who will be taking over their dispatching yet. Well from what I can find online anyways. Question when listing to your feed I can hear a alert when they key up?

scraech

Ok sounds good have a good day at work. When I'm at work I listen to Chicago zones 6,7,&8 it's like the regular radio. My coworkers and I have bets but for no rewards. Let me explain: we bet on from 8 A.M. - 10 A.M. on how many certain call's we will hear between that time frame. Ex: how many domestic calls, shots fired calls, mental calls, theft calls, and refusing to leave calls, battery, and drug related calls. Also we try to guess on how many times the dispatcher has to say "units watch your key's" or "we got an open key on the zone". We have a tallying white board we use to mark what we hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.