New feed or split feed? Opinions please..

Status
Not open for further replies.

medictod

Feed Provider
I have the opportunity to set up a second receiver on a local trunked public safety system, allowing seperate feeds of law enforcement / Fire, and I am looking for advice on how to send the second feed.
Do people prefer a split feed, meaning Fire on the left speakers and PD on the right, or is it easier to listen to 2 feeds seperatly?
I see advantages both ways and seek opinions.
I will not be sending tags. Thanks

n5ims

Two seperately. For folks with hearing issues or those listening on mobile devices, a split feed is often quite difficult to listen to since it isn't always easy (or intuative) to isolate either the right or left channel.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
I am for the Two Feeds Seperately as well. I often listen to feeds on my EVO or Blackberry and stereo feeds dont work well at all.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Please use two separate feeds

I am streaming two separate feeds. One reason is so that I am able to listen to either or both as desired.

I am streaming my county's fire dispatch and the major city's fire dispatch. In my case, sometimes the exact same audio is simulcast on BOTH feeds. They are never synced enough to sound good via the streams, such that you need good control over each (including not monitoring one of them) to be able to listen and understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.