New Fire Start - Gorman - 500+ acres

xilix

Premium Subscriber
Currently 500 acres with potential for 1000+ acres within the hour. Most of the town of Gorman has been evacuated.

Command Freq: LA County V-1 152.150 Mhz.

3rd alarm assignment with multiple heli-tankers working.

Lllsssrrr000

Premium Subscriber
Hi.
I am monetoring lacofd v1. are there any other channels that are worte monetoring for this fire?

mikegilbert

MHz so good
There are, but they're all simplex, so you'll have to be right on top of it. Mainly LAcoFD A/G, VFIRE / LAC V6-19

xilix

Premium Subscriber
06-15-2024 11:45pm update: Now 11K acres.

VFIRE 22, 23 and 24 are being used by the different divisions, but as Mike mentioned above, you'll need to be fairly close to hear them.

Lllsssrrr000

Premium Subscriber
thanks a lot for this both. Really helpful.
I don't know a lot about how LACFD operate as I don't live in LA and am listening from outside the area using broadcastify.
Also, I heard traffic on V2 for this as well. Does anyone know what specifically they are using v2 for?
thanks again.

Progline

Premium Subscriber
With the 'new' UHF system deployed, are they using any of the repeated Commands (c10-12) for this incident? Not sure I'd hear any of them down here in the SFV if they're using Pinos/Tejon/Frazier etc.

xilix

Premium Subscriber
With the 'new' UHF system deployed, are they using any of the repeated Commands (c10-12) for this incident? Not sure I'd hear any of them down here in the SFV if they're using Pinos/Tejon/Frazier etc.
I haven't heard much on UHF except for dispatch doing move ups to cover other resources assigned to the fire.
Wildland firefighting resources (at least in Calif.) are mostly all on VHF.
This is for interoperability / mutual aid communications with other agencies, which could arrive from anywhere in the state.

xilix

Premium Subscriber
thanks a lot for this both. Really helpful.
I don't know a lot about how LACFD operate as I don't live in LA and am listening from outside the area using broadcastify.
Also, I heard traffic on V2 for this as well. Does anyone know what specifically they are using v2 for?
thanks again.
I haven't listened today (Sunday), but yesterday V2 was used for a different fire.

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
Today's extended attack freqs for Post fire. Sorry I forgot to post this earlier this morning.

Air Tactics 166.6125
Rotor Vic 123.175
CDF Tacs 28, 29, VFIRE 24, 25, 26
Not sure on any new A/G since it's LAC and they have their own A/G game outside of calfire.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber

Nationwide and especially in west VHF is used for wildland fire. This is going to be the situation for the near and far future. This is especially true when an incident has an interagency/mutual aid response.

On the first day I heard there was a repeater for command on V1 of the LA County FD system. That might still be the case, however, the fire is now under a Cal Fire Incident Management Team. If command can't be found on the LACO system, I would try Cal Fire Command 11 (reserved for portable repeaters) or Cal Fire Commands 1 and 2. There might be additional Tacs assigned from Cal Fire Tacs 13-27. However, it appears others have posted a sufficient number of Tacs that probably cover the entire fire.

Progline

Premium Subscriber
I actually did hear traffic on C10 today....but for some other incident. I can hear traffic on V-1 down here for the POST fire, the repeater is strong, so I have no idea which hilltop they are transmitting from.