New FireFox layout 29.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone get the new FF 29.0.1? I hate it cause you can't close the whole window or windows. When you go to File than Exit it will close everything even when you logged into something important!

Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Stay far, far away from FF. I work for 2 large international corporations that have prohibited FF on any company machine due to major problems.

Such as?

Typically, companies don't want you using FF for one of two reasons:
1) They do not allow freeware.
2) The company cannot use their own spyware, integrated the browser.

Sent via Tapatalk

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Back toward the main topic, FF has been changing away from the things that had made it the best browser.

Sent via Tapatalk

CapStar362

is it possible to revert back to the latest FF 28 and disable the Updates?

they stripped us of soo many features now....punks

car55

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
Has anyone get the new FF 29.0.1? I hate it cause you can't close the whole window or windows. When you go to File than Exit it will close everything even when you logged into something important!

What OS are you using?

I use firefox and it looks nothing like that.

I just did firefox update the other day.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber

The only thing I didn't like about the 29.0.1 upgrade was the tabs looked weird initially. If you want the rectangular tabs back, you can get the "classic theme restorer" add-on to avoid having to revert back to an earlier FF version.

CapStar362

The only thing I didn't like about the 29.0.1 upgrade was the tabs looked weird initially. If you want the rectangular tabs back, you can get the "classic theme restorer" add-on to avoid having to revert back to an earlier FF version.

even with that add-on, ( which i tried ) they removed a TON of features from the menu bars themselves.....

lots of reviews are now calling it "Chrome Fox"

good chob Mozilla!

stuff modernization down our throats and look away................ ive been reading some of the Mozilla forums, even the dev's and beta's are just chopping away at the users, locking the topics asking for the old look back.... even some handicapped users are being pushed off.....

i just re-did my FF28 and fully disabled Auto updates, not even "Prompting" is turned on

k4rky

FF 29.0.1

It took me all of about maybe an hour to get use to the new lay out and I am not a big computer guru. Just take a few minutes and look around like any new programming we are learning.I have a few dis likes with the lay out but I still like it hands down over Chrome.

zepper99

Yes sir, one of the more exciting software cluster flops lately......:mad:
The 'Classic Theme Restorer' does pretty much restore FF back to what it was, but there were SO many changes to 29/29.0.1, the author is doing nightly builds just to keep up with the finds.
If you can do 64 bit, go to Pale Moon. Its much more stable and not affected by Australis gui. Waterfox 64 bit doesn't seem to be affected either.
Not quite ready to reload Netscape 1.0 off the 8 in floppy just yet...
:lol:
Z

Status
Not open for further replies.