• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New Firmware release information

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Posted 02-20-2020

Release of version K5.23 for the 00 and 20 series radios has been released.
This was a fix for a few items, and mostly for Type C Trunking firmware cleanup.

NO CHANGE TO FPU version 5.21

Check with you local dealer for more information.

*This also included the MPT-optioned NX-x00,x20 radios

Reactions: RRR

ve2mel

Posted 02-20-2020

Release of version K5.23 for the 00 and 20 series radios has been released.
This was a fix for a few items, and mostly for Type C Trunking firmware cleanup.

NO CHANGE TO FPU version 5.21

Check with you local dealer for more information.

*This also included the MPT-optioned NX-x00,x20 radios

Do you make error…! maybe the K5.32....! ;-)

73's Eric VE2MEL

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Yup, typo indeed sir, thank you

VERSION 5.32 is the proper version number.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
New release; minor update 04-08-2020

NX-5000 Firmware 4.24
NX-3000 Firmware 3.24

Contact your dealer for more info.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Been bogged down lately,
NX-1000 series, Release 1.41 for DMR and the NXDN models.

Also to note TK-Dx4 series radios received a FW update, Version 1.46

Have a safe and happy 4th of July.
EM

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
New firmware and software release 4.30 for KPG-D1N / NX-5000

New firmware and software release 3.30 for KPG-D3N / NX-3000

New firmware 1.42 and software release 1.52 for KPG-D6N / NX-1000

KG4BKO

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know the changes in the latest firmware/software for the nx5000/nx3000/nx1000 radios? I have all three. I understand there were no release notes with these. Thanks in advance. Talking about 4.30, 3.30, and 1.42/1.52. Thanks in advance.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Hi Bill, no, they have not released any notes, nor do they do that as a courtesy. I have been trying hard to get that changed, so sorry to say
KWD is standing their ground on this.

KG4BKO

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Evans. Just trying to see if I needed to update all my radios. Do you know what changed?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Latest Firmware fixes are List Scan fix for lock ups, DMR t3 roaming fix

OTHERWISE, your call to update to the latest.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hey Evans, is there any "pressure" you can put on anyone - or tell me where I can go to put this into a "suggestion box" - to have KPG-D1N support more than six slots for talkgroup ranges from a system key?

My system key has six ranges in it, and will soon have a seventh. (I had seven ranges in it previously but merged two of them together to deal with this problem.) However D1N only recognizes the first six slots. Anything after the sixth slot is not even detected, if I try to enter a talkgroup in the range in slot 7 (or above), I'm told I don't have access to that TG.

Hope you understand what I'm saying - it would be great if it can be opened up to match whatever constraints are on the key itself.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
My system key has six ranges in it, and will soon have a seventh. (I had seven ranges in it previously but merged two of them together to deal with this problem.) However D1N only recognizes the first six slots. Anything after the sixth slot is not even detected, if I try to enter a talkgroup in the range in slot 7 (or above), I'm told I don't have access to that TG.

You say system key and Ranges with s slots? Need more info on this.
Email me direct with screenshots and more details please

celltech25

4.31 fixes a DMR issue with Encryption in site roaming could also fix other things but I know it fixed that issue

joehoose2700

Sorry for possibly dumb questions, but is the firmware updated the same way you'd program the radio?

Also, I see on Kenwood's site that the NX-3300 now does DMR digital - would my older units be able to do DMR if I upgrade the firmware?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for possibly dumb questions, but is the firmware updated the same way you'd program the radio?

Also, I see on Kenwood's site that the NX-3300 now does DMR digital - would my older units be able to do DMR if I upgrade the firmware?

KFL is the firmware loader for the new nx series (3k and 5k)
The 3000 do dmr OR NXDN, not both at the same time. Should be in the radio already,
Contact your dealer to get the latest firmware and software as I have noted.