• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New firmware release pending?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordcobra04

Premium Subscriber
Did anyone see the video that Rays Pager Sales posted to there Facebook page? He showed the new 1.30 firmware and stated that it would be released in a few days...

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if it mattered whether or not I've done the various firmware updates in the last year or more when it comes to doing the firmware update that is most recent? I programmed my G5 when I got it, played with it for just a little bit, but then did a beta update and haven't updated again as far as I can remember. This has been over a year ago I'm sure. Can I just grab the latest update and everything work okay or do I have to go through the older updates and get those along the way? Thanks for any help...

Brian (COMMSCAN)

N6ML

I was wondering if it mattered whether or not I've done the various firmware updates in the last year or more when it comes to doing the firmware update that is most recent? I programmed my G5 when I got it, played with it for just a little bit, but then did a beta update and haven't updated again as far as I can remember. This has been over a year ago I'm sure. Can I just grab the latest update and everything work okay or do I have to go through the older updates and get those along the way?

So long as you haven't installed a V1.40 beta release (I don't think that existed a year ago), you should be OK. You might install the new version of PPS (which will come with the new firmware) first, and make sure that it can import your profile from the old version. Then proceed to install the new firmware. AFAIK there's no need to install any intermediate updates.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
According to David at Unication, it will be a couple more weeks for 1.30.. That was as of Friday Aug 7 2020

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
So long as you haven't installed a V1.40 beta release (I don't think that existed a year ago), you should be OK. You might install the new version of PPS (which will come with the new firmware) first, and make sure that it can import your profile from the old version. Then proceed to install the new firmware. AFAIK there's no need to install any intermediate updates.

Thank you for your reply and help. If I remember right, one of the last updates I had done was more like 1.04, 1.06, or maybe an update or two after those :) I may be way off and it was a firmware update much later than I'm saying. But I don't believe it was anywhere near 1.40. I'll definitely check and try to determine before going any further. I sure appreciate the reply!

Bri an (COMMSCAN)

nyscan

Does anyone know which of the new features in 1.40 will be included in 1.30 if any?

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
I really wish Unication would make it possible to change zones while a talkgroup is active..Moving through the menus when a talkgroup is active is very painful.

Oh yeah. This is the most annoying feature that needs to be resolved.

Reactions: wdz

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I really wish Unication would make it possible to change zones while a talkgroup is active..Moving through the menus when a talkgroup is active is very painful.
If you can interrupt a voice call by changing knob positions, why not also be able to change zones during a call? Maybe there's some technical reason but on the face of it, it makes no sense.

N6ML

I think it's because the firmware is designed such that receiving a message (page) takes precedence over everything else, to minimise the possibility of a critical message being missed due to the user messing around in the menus, etc. I agree that it's a frustrating experience, especially for a casual listener.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I think it's because the firmware is designed such that receiving a message (page) takes precedence over everything else, to minimise the possibility of a critical message being missed due to the user messing around in the menus, etc. I agree that it's a frustrating experience, especially for a casual listener.
Well, you can also miss pages by switching knob positions or turning the volume down. Firmware can't stop that.

N6ML

Well, you can also miss pages by switching knob positions or turning the volume down. Firmware can't stop that.

Switching knob positions is an intentional action that changes what you're receiving. If alerting is configured appropriately, it can override the volume control (you'll at least hear the alert tones, and can play back the recorded message).

I'm not trying to justify the annoying interface - I hate it too! Just explaining why I think it is that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.