R8600 New Firmware Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbm32

I sent Icom a request to add D-Star Picture Mode receive in the next update.
It may already be in the works since their 2 latest transceivers have it. I am
lucky to have 7 D-Star repeaters that I can tune, and enjoy listening to 1C & 30C reflector
conversations from all over the world.

-Jim

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
I truly hope you’re right Jim. I had an Icom R2500 that could receive D-Star, but it needed to have an optional module installed. I hope that’s not the case with the ‘8600!

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
I'd be happy if the radio could auto-detect (and switch) receive modes.... and if they replaced the really poor PL/DPL decoder with something better....

where does one send firmware requests to?

d

rumcajs_tr

This is a list of suggestions sent by me to ICOM America and ICOM Europe to pass to the FW developers. Fingers crossed :)

I would like to ask you to submit the following modifications to the IC-R8600 firmware developers for the next firmware revision:
- possibility to combine multiple ranges "program scan" into one run (similar to memory scan)
- Increase the number of "temporary skip" memories and add the option to keep the skipped frequency until the receiver is turned off
- allow user to define different settings for user-defined frequency ranges in VFO mode (memorize step, modulation, filter, preamplifier, rf gain, attenuator, etc. for each frequency range)
- enable user-defined grid range in FFT - this will allow better visualization of weaker signals
- in USB audio output settings, in addition to AF and IF output, add also discriminator output (similar to IC-R8500) for external unfiltered audio processing

autodiag

Premium Subscriber
I think my friend won't even get an answer from Japan..I am afraid of some significant update..what we would like for the money..that bug and problem is far more than you wrote ... each of us probably suffers the most IF performance on which we were used to at 8500

Status
Not open for further replies.