New Firmware updates announced!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordJ

Here's what I got...

(If there is an issue with me doing this, just take it down)

Rebanding Update
Well, a couple of Motorola Analog systems have now rebanded, so we are hard at work on firmware updates for all our current Trunk Trackers (as well as a couple of older models). These updates will give you the ability to enter custom band plans for 800 MHz Motorola systems, which will allow you to set up the scanner for rebanded systems, whether they are “normal” rebanded systems as are the few that have recently switched over, or “inverted” rebanded systems which use a variation of the channel assignment method. So far, no systems have switched to the inverted type, but we’ll be ready when they do.

I know that many of you have wanted more features in the current models. So, we are also taking this opportunity to put a few more treats into this update. Here’s a quick rundown of the new goodies:

Hidden Menu Items: These will all be incorporated into the main menu structure. No more keyboard tricks to get to these tweaks. (BCD996T/BCD396T)

Close Call DND: I sure wish I had thought of this mode earlier so that we could have included it in the BC246T, BR330T, and BCD396T, but this update takes care of that.

Extended Tone-Out Delay: We’re adding the much-requested 30-second option to the Fire Tone-Out Delay feature (BR330T, BCD396T, BCT15, BCD996T)

RSSI Reporting Improvements: I’ve been very surprised that none of the software developers have taken advantage of the improvements in RSSI reporting (high speed, 1024 levels of RSSI), but I am hearing some hints that updates are on the way. This would make for a pretty slick band scope feature, and we added it to the PC protocol for the BCD396T and BCD996T with a previous update. This update will extend it to the BC246T, BR330T, and BCT15.

EDACS ESK Support: We’ll be adding ESK support to both the BCD396T and the BCD996T. Sorry, no ProVoice (or OpenSky, V-SELP, iDEN…).

Improved P25 Automatic Threshold Detection: This update should allow the BCD396T and BCD996T to fully auto-adjust for P25 systems, even if those systems are out of spec for P25 deviation, as we’ve found is the case in a number of areas.

Now for the 2nd big question. How much is it going to cost you? Well, while we’ll still need to use ESN control for this update for some models, this update will cost you absolutely nothing (well, a little time, perhaps, and a little patience).

Update Schedule
Now to answer the 1st big question: When will all this happen?
Since we’ll be working on updates for 9 models, we can’t get these all out at the same time. So, we’ll be issuing updates with a goal of wrapping all this up by early 2009. Our estimated release dates for these updates (remember, we still have to recode, debug, test, and package all this, so it is possible for an update to slip a bit if we need time to address problems found in testing) are as follows:

BCD396T/BCD996T
9/30/2008

BC246T/BCT15
11/20/2008

BCT8/BC898T
12/31/2008

BC296D/BC796D/BR330T
1/31/2009

What’s Next?
Watch your in box for a major announcement on 9/29/2008. Can’t say more, now.

Until Next Time
In closing, I want to recognize the great contributions Gene Costin (aka Gene Hughes) made to the scanning hobby. His long-running “Police Call” series made it possible for scanner hobbyists to program their scanners with local law enforcement frequencies long before the internet … or even the widespread use of trunked systems. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. His spirit lives on every time you help out a fellow “scannist.” No manufacturer would last in this business without the kind of community help and support that he epitomized.

Paul Opitz

Product Manager

Uniden America Corp.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Wow. I'd sure like to help, but I'm can't think of any way to be more specific than post #3 and the link in post #4...is there a particular part of it you have a question about?

kellykeeton

Wow. I'd sure like to help, but I'm can't think of any way to be more specific than post #3 and the link in post #4...is there a particular part of it you have a question about?

I believe that the post was seconds after yours thus the confusion on his part as he didn't see it on the myuniden page.

chankel

Premium Subscriber
The ESK support will be very welcome, as in theory it will allow me to monitor Cecil County's EDACS system. I do hope there will be NAC functionality though!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
To clarify for those coming over from the front page or another thread, there are no new hidden menu items. What is new is that the hidden menu items will no longer be hidden.

W2SJW

Database Admin
The ESK support will be very welcome, as in theory it will allow me to monitor Cecil County's EDACS system. I do hope there will be NAC functionality though!

Sorry, that's a ProVoice system (unless you want to track TGID's & the like). I don't ever remember my Pro-96 or 396 ever stopping on ProVoice traffic on the Atlantic County, NJ system... :confused:

rckydenver

UPMan,(Uniden) thanks for giving us breaking news. Can't wait to update my 396T for the ESK feature and other features, exspecially here in Denver/Lakewood/Wheatridge,Colorado area.. Thumbs up to you Paul...

qc

Premium Subscriber
HI, I hop they will ad Network Access Code support like my PSR-500 has

BCD-996T

PSR-500

Status
Not open for further replies.