New Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

Good Afternoon,
Just updated my BCD436HP today and there was an update for Firmware is anyone else aware of this update and what is this update for. Also is the DMR finally finished or is it still being worked on ?
Thanks

MStep

Would Like To Know More

The only information that I can find on the new firmware is:

1.11.20 Release Notes (11/14/2016)
Adjusted digital filter to improve P25 reception.

It would be nice, for those of us with a but more technical acumen or curiosity, to get a more detailed explanation of what P25 shortcoming(s) the adjustment seeks to improve.

Does anyone have any additional information about he update?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
That is as technical as I know for this update. The engineer said he was adjusting the digital filter to improve P25 reception...so that is what I wrote.

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Has anyone thought for a second that what the tech gurus at Uniden or Whistler etc. do to tweek their firmware is proprietary information and they are under no obligation to release details about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MStep

That is as technical as I know for this update. The engineer said he was adjusting the digital filter to improve P25 reception...so that is what I wrote.

Thanks for your input Paul. You're probably as curious as the rest of us Technogeeks (I admit to being one) anytime that the firmware is updated. Wasn't sure whether the notes referred to Phase 1, Phase 2, or both. To add to the confusion, I see guys in the thread that I was referred to mentioning stuff about their DMR reception, ProVoice, and other stuff as well.

Hopefully, in the future, we can get a little more information about the specific tweeks that were made in the firmware, but I did want to jump in again and thank you for your input.

MStep

Has anyone thought for a second that what the tech gurus at Uniden or Whistler etc. do to tweek their firmware is proprietary information and they are under no obligation to release details about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would not expect a detailed technical analysis of the changes that were made in the firmware; simply some idea of what to expect with the new firmware. Of course I fully respect the proprietary rights of companies to guard their secrets---- just seems that some companies do a better job in keeping us technically-inclined consumers informed.

For example, scroll down the list of AOR updates for the DV1 to get some idea as to the way this information can be presented without revealing proprietary secrets:

Firmware Updates | Download Area | Support | AOR U.S.A., INC. Authority On Radio Communications

Another company that does a great job of documenting firmware is Kenwood--- take a look:

TS-590SG Firmware update information

I hope that gives you an idea of what I mean and I do believe that those of us who are really "tuned-in" (no pun intended) to the operation of their radios are more likely to appreciate this type of information when doing a firmware update.

Knowing now that Paul UPMan is also a bit in the dark on this upgrade makes it even more imperative that this type of information be disseminated so we know how our radios are expected to perform. Let's also not forget that their are also many Emergency Services that also rely on Uniden scanners, and I imagine that they would like to know how firmware tweeks will affect overall performance as well.

kandrey89

Feed Provider
Are there going to be any updates to make the scanner work in a vehicle?

1. Auto turn on when usb power is applied. I am currently using a depleted battery trick to make it work, but a working feature is better.
2. Set auto record on power up in settings.
3. Choose in settings whether to ask the user about what to do when usb cable is connected. To get rid of nagging messages. I want to choose the option that does not ask me to charge batteries, does not ask me about storage mode when I connect the usb, power on the scanner or turn on the car. If I want to charge batteries in my car, I will manually go into the settings and select that option, but unlikely since the scanner is dedicated to the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.