new for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

puzzleriddle

thanks Phil hmm now to figure what they are doing in my area :) ,. BTW was caught using your search files. use em all the time!! again thanks

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
USSS Channel Bravo. Very old and very common.

They actually refer to it as BAKER. And I have heard it used for former POTUS protection after they leave office. It used to be used in Houston for the GHW Bush detail, but I haven't confirmed it lately...

- Chris

ecps92

Also the Father up at Walkers Point

They actually refer to it as BAKER. And I have heard it used for former POTUS protection after they leave office. It used to be used in Houston for the GHW Bush detail, but I haven't confirmed it lately...

- Chris

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
DVP has gone the way of analog signals, DVP hasn't been heard on my Federal channels in many many years.

Actually, I don't know if DVP was ever used on federal channels. When digital encryption first started being used on federal radio systems, I always thought that they were using the federal DES encryption. Digital Voice Privacy, or DVP, was a less secure (shorter key) encryption solution that was sold to non-federal law enforcement by Motorola for a number of years. I think DVP was actually a Motorola trademarked product.

Now days, I think all federal radio encryption is at least AES, or something beyond that. But your point is made, Kenny...

- Chris

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Now days, I think all federal radio encryption is at least AES, or something beyond that. But your point is made, Kenny...

- Chris

I read somewhere that the PPD (presidential protection detail) now uses encryption called Keccak SHA-3 with a key length of 512 bits since April 2014. AES 256 is still approved for top secret information and is used in many federal agencies communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.