• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

New Forms Of Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4voxgill

Silent Key
The FCC Has released new rules for 5.8 GHz New Channel Designations. We designate Channel 172 (frequencies 5.855-5.865 GHz) exclusively for vehicle-to-vehicle safety communications for accident avoidance and mitigation, and safety of life and property applications; and designate Channel 184 (frequencies 5.915-5.925 GHz) exclusively for high-power, longer-distance communications to be used for public safety applications involving safety of life and property, including road intersection collision mitigation.

Here is entire order: http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-06-110A1.doc

Could this lead to eliminating the need for sirens by having police and fire vehicles transmit a signal and privated vehicles be required to have a receiver to tell them to pull overl.

cschmit

n4voxgill said:
Could this lead to eliminating the need for sirens by having police and fire vehicles transmit a signal and privated vehicles be required to have a receiver to tell them to pull overl.
That wouldn't be a bad idea but it may never happen. How many times I have been barly able to hear the sirens even with my radio off. But I am not sure vehicle manufactures would do this.

ReceiverBeaver

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Even my 50 year old wife plays her music so loud she can't hear her cell phone ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.