New forum idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstockmyer

I was wondering if it had ever been discussed to have a forum where the members here that have been to active scenes, wither though work or just for a hobby. Could post the photos they have taken? We have a guy in the CO forum (toneslider) that works for a local FD, but also takes great pictures of fire scenes. I just thought it would be a good idea to have a forum where people can share their pictures they have taken at scenes all over the world. Again it's just an idea I thought I would put out there, thanks for taking time to consider it.

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
Do you have to pay for that site or am i just doing something wrong?

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
cstockmyer said:
I was wondering if it had ever been discussed to have a forum where the members here that have been to active scenes, wither though work or just for a hobby. Could post the photos they have taken? We have a guy in the CO forum (toneslider) that works for a local FD, but also takes great pictures of fire scenes. I just thought it would be a good idea to have a forum where people can share their pictures they have taken at scenes all over the world. Again it's just an idea I thought I would put out there, thanks for taking time to consider it.

I don't think that's really a good idea. It would probably just encourage people to chase calls. Not to mention there may be some legal/privacy issues with publicly posting pictures of certain scenes.

cstockmyer

Raven95150 said:
I don't think that's really a good idea. It would probably just encourage people to chase calls. Not to mention there may be some legal/privacy issues with publicly posting pictures of certain scenes.

Very good point. I don't want to encourage people to chase calls by any means. I was thinking more of the professionals that are here that have taken pictures at scenes. But very good point. Thanks for taking time to respond.

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
sjcscanner said:
Do you have to pay for that site or am i just doing something wrong?

Sorry for the delay. Yes, it does cost $2.00 a year to be a member of FirePics. There is a possibility that the $2 will drop off before the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.