New Found BC125AT Awesomeness - ProScan

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
I was using my Uniden BC125ATSS software to load more freqs and when I was done and closed the program, ProScan picked it up and populated it on my PC Screen. ProScan has full virtual control over my BC125AT. How awesome is that, and it reads it as a BCD325P2, Nice. (y) Can't program it, but otherwise Great!

bow40

Feed Provider
This is great. Just saved me getting a new scanner.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
Very cool, seems it will work reading it as a BCT15, BCT15X, BCD325P2 and a few others not that it really matters no difference in controls or function. Now if Proscan would add the 125AT to the list that can be programmed as well that would be super cool but I'll take what I can get :)

N9JIG

Sheriff
Uniden command codes are very similar model to model in many cases. I don't know enough about programming to know the details but there is a radio identifier as part of the packet, I assume ProScan ignores it during virtual control. Other software and devices seems more particular.

We had this issue in the creation of the RH96 converter for the P2 series. Ric Plummer's solution was a device that converted the 996P2's radio ID to an XT so that the RH would be fooled and connect to the device. Since the rest of the control codes matched it worked.

In my situation I use a mix of BCD325P2, BCT15, BCT15X, BCD996XT and BCD996P2's, all of which will work when any of those radios are selected as the radio type in ProScan. I haven't tried it with the BC125AT but now will assume it too will work.

With all that said, there might be situations (such as actual programming vs. virtual control) and features that might break the continuity so if your radio is listed in the radio types it is better to select it. I don't think the 125 is listed (yet) but if there is a demand I am sure Bob will add it.

Status
Not open for further replies.