New Free Scanner Software available in the Apple Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
Really like this app! The ability to go full screen or at least maximize the app to fill the screen would be a welcome update. Thanks for your efforts in bringing this app to the Mac platform!

This looks awesome! Now to find the usb cable to attach the scanner to my Mac! Will report back as soon as I test this out.

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
I notice we can sort by the number of hits. Having the ability to sort by any of the columns would be a nice addition. Just a thought. Thanks!

OldRabbit

99 cents is - like nothing. Will hopefully receive my SDS200 Thursday and test if they play together.

You should put the price at USD 5 or more I think. This is an application with long-time value, not a doughnut power up for a casual game.

bep

Premium Subscriber
I may be having a senior moment and being out in the heat, but I cannot for the life of me figure how to connect the scanner to my Mac. I am sure it is simple but right now, nothing.

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
I may be having a senior moment and being out in the heat, but I cannot for the life of me figure how to connect the scanner to my Mac. I am sure it is simple but right now, nothing.
Check to make sure you selected the USB Modem, and that the baud rate on the app matches with what you have set on your scanner.

Attachments

• 1E360D8E-ECD8-408A-8F48-6F75F86F579C.jpeg
    1E360D8E-ECD8-408A-8F48-6F75F86F579C.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 92

bep

Premium Subscriber
Thank you it was both a senior moment, and I am also blaming heat. Sat down and had a cold one......light bulb lights!

Got it thanks

blueseas

Premium Subscriber
Was wondering will there be an ability to run multiple instances of this app simultaneously in the future on my Mac ? I have multiple scanners (2 SDS200, 1 SDS100, 1 BCD536HP, etc.). App is really cool though and am enjoying currently on one of my SDS200's. Thanks very much for this.

F1RLN

Hi all,
I just registered on RR mostly (but not only) to say "Thank you" to Greg and to confirm that the proper App name on the App store has been changed back to "Scanner Remote". Greg should you consider editing your lead post?

K9JDN

Feed Provider
Madison County, Illinois (STL Metro-area)
Using your app with an SDS-200. As part of the "usability" factor for end users, I'd like to see you swap the Volume/Squelch fields in the App so they would align with how I view the screen on the SDS-200. Volume to left. Squelch to the right. Nice start on the App though and it is functional for collecting "activity hits" on freqs.

As a part of a Wish List, I'd like to see you use the screen colors set in the scanner for your display window. In other words, an exact copy of what is displayed on the scanner in terms of text and field colors. As a value-add feature of your App, an audio recording function would also be nice, if you are passing audio via the USB cable. Audio files could be saved to the computer or ported into another app, etc.

durangoGreg

To all Scanner Remote Users:
There is a new update on the Mac App Store. It improves the accuracy of the scanner hits, adds keyboard hot keys for many of the functions, and adds printing of the hit table. It is still a free app!

I have also added "Scanner Remote Pro", it is a significant improvement over Scanner Remote. It provides a lot more functionality like syncing Time/Date between scanner and computer, exporting hit table to a .csv file, ability to control the scanner backlight, switch weather scan on and off, switch Close Call on or off, toggle Replay on or off, toggle Record on or off, System, Department, and Channel hold, keyboard hot keys, Channel Avoid. Scanner Remote Pro is a paid app available in the Mac App Store.

Enjoy! and Merry Christmas

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
To all Scanner Remote Users:
There is a new update on the Mac App Store. It improves the accuracy of the scanner hits, adds keyboard hot keys for many of the functions, and adds printing of the hit table. It is still a free app!

I have also added "Scanner Remote Pro", it is a significant improvement over Scanner Remote. It provides a lot more functionality like syncing Time/Date between scanner and computer, exporting hit table to a .csv file, ability to control the scanner backlight, switch weather scan on and off, switch Close Call on or off, toggle Replay on or off, toggle Record on or off, System, Department, and Channel hold, keyboard hot keys, Channel Avoid. Scanner Remote Pro is a paid app available in the Mac App Store.

Enjoy! and Merry Christmas
Thank you! Merry Christmas to you, too!

vpasq

Not working for me with my SDS 100 on a brand new Mac Mini M1 with Big Sur! Purchased the pro version and while the selections for System, Department, Channel, WX, etc are working, the screen display section remains empty and no hits showing at all even when there are plenty of active transmissions ongoing. Anyone got any idea why it won’t work? Sent a PM to the developer, but no response as yet. Any ideas would be appreciated as I would love to have this working.

durangoGreg

vpasq, I just responded to your last post. Please see my reply there. Also please contact me with more information through my email address.
I suspect the issue is the M1 processor. This app is written and compiled for intel. I assumed that it should work under rosetta on the M1 but that might not be the case. If that is the issue and it isn't getting a serial connection running on an M1 processor then I need to flag the app in the App Store and see if I can find out why serial connections don't work on the M1.

vpasq

Greg is super! He gave me a great and detailed response (PM) and as it turns out it was (red-faced) operator error. I attempted to hook up with the scanner running, as opposed to wiring up first. It is working perfectly now!!!!!!!!!!!!

MichaelMuni

Any chance that we can see audio features added like recording hits to audio file on mac, playing audio out of Mac speakers?
I have an SDS100 on its way, would really like not to have to get a windows laptop just for this.

durangoGreg

Any chance that we can see audio features added like recording hits to audio file on mac, playing audio out of Mac speakers?
I have an SDS100 on its way, would really like not to have to get a windows laptop just for this.

Yeah, I would like to do that as well but unfortunately Uniden doesn’t support audio thru the USB port. If they do it isn’t documented on how they format it or how to access it.

They do actually allow audio via a network connection. I have thought about writing the app to support wireless connection via wifi. This would be possible but then the only people to benefit would be those with Uniden radios that support wifi thru an external dongle. Even then Uniden does not provide third party information on how to access the audio portion. I know it is possible but it has to be reverse engineered on how to access it which is very difficult.

I don’t know if you can even buy a windows app that will support audio capture directly via usb. I have seen some that capture via the earphone jack but that requires another audio cable connected to your Mac. If there are such apps they must be privileged to confidential information from Uniden on how to do this as Uniden does not provide this support for third parties.

I hope you use the app anyway as it isn’t that difficult to use my pro version called Scanner Remote Pro to control the radio record function. Capture the audio onto the radio's microSD card and then move the audio from the microSD card onto your Mac for later playback as the files are just .wav files. With the pro version you can export the hit list from the app into an .csv spreadsheet file on your Mac that can be read by any text editor or spreadsheet program.

Thank you for your feedback. I am always looking for ways to improve the app for the future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.