New Freqs in use

Status
Not open for further replies.

BisManRadio

New P25 digital traffic is being heard now on 155.96250 in the Bismarck area, of course its encrypted. I tried but could not find a license from the FCC for that frequency.

If I had to guess it might just might be Bismarck Rural Fire but have no way of confirming this.
But they have not used their old dispatch/ops channel for a month or two. Im guessing this could be their new Dispatch/Ops channel. Anyway that is the frequency I got a hit on close call while they were driving enroute to a call, again just a guess to the users of this frequency if anyone knows for sure please post.

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
Its probably the channel they order pizzas on and talk shi* about the tax paying public lol

ASTRO2001

maybe 155.9700?

Hay bisman say just thing about this I was in minot and se the Minot fire and mandan fire use the same frequency 154.445 well I heard P25 digital on it I know for a fact that Minot fire has not moved to P25 I found out it was Mandan. The point I trying to get is that Minot police ch 5 is on 154.7400 tx of155.9700 you might be getting that? I see on the fcc the Minot PD had a pending app for there ch4 155.790 it has a Canada app see there north of the red line so they need to increase there power for P25 to work better and I see 3 tower are going simlcast. Minot PD has 2 channel 4 is P25 open and channel 5 is P25 encrypted. If you hear Minot PD in BISMARCK let me know.

ASTRO2001

It was P25 clear and it had a NAC I think of 300 or 330 it was going in weak.

BisManRadio

Sometimes it will come across on 154.3700. But like I said, only sometimes. Im not sure why that is.

453.7 and all the rest of the "old" UHF fire channels are now all quiet I havent heard a thing on any of them for the past couple months..

But 154.3700 is also now used for paging for various small fire depts in the county and Bismarck rural and sometimes Bismarck city FD.

When they werent encrypted but still digital (Bis FD) the tones came across the new fire dispatch channel but sounded all muffled and not quite right but I think thats due to using the tones in p25 modulation. So im not sure if they will continue to use a analog pager channel or not. Or only use it for calling back off duty personnel when needed.

Last edited:

ASTRO2001

Found it

Bisman I dug hard and found the call sign for 151.4825 it is WPWN986 there is a pending application here is the link look like lot more freq. By the looks of it they are adding to the old UHF callsign the bismarck fire had. the first web site is the modifying and the last site is the main site

ULS Application - Public Safety Pool, Conventional - 0004898294 - BISMARCK CITY OF - Frequency Summary

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WPWN986 - BISMARCK CITY OF

Update I dug even harder
WELL bisman you have your work cut out for you FOUND THE OTHER FREQ ASWELL the main thing could not find them in the fcc search is they are being mod and added they are deleted a few too so here you go call sign WQCI326 for 155.9625, 159.4575,155.8875 and more

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/ApplicationSearch/applFreqSum.jsp?applID=6395628

Last edited:

BisManRadio

Astro I went ahead and did a frequency range search and found all of the pending apps. I went ahead and programmed them all in and well see what pops up on it.

On the one pending app though like you said they deleted some, but they are found down the list again though with a add by it.

Even though these licenses are "pending" are they still legally able to use them before they have been legally granted? Or am I missing something? Not that I care, just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.